Eye Candy; Male Objectification

I will say that whenever I see threads like this, while I can appreciate all of the photos and the sheer range of eye candy to ogle, it also makes me ponder where I sit on the ace spectrum.

3 Likes

The sign language interpreter!

2 Likes

Its the first shot of them for Good Omens, and I for one am a flutter. :slight_smile:

And speaking of Tennant… hubba hubba

5 Likes

I thought so, but the angle made it hard to tell, and reverse googling was no help…

2 Likes

suddenly, i have a new theme camp idea for Burning Man! :heart_eyes:

5 Likes

So this guy does nothing for me:

Who is your celebrity crush?

I’ve long had a thing for Brad Pitt, ever since he stole the scene in Thelma and Louise
and he’s just one of those men the camera loves, and every time he’s in the frame, even if I don’t know it’s him, he has that quality, that star power. He lights up the screen.

Of course now we all know he’s a jerk, and that has taken him off my celebrity crush list.

I had a friend who was so into Orlando Bloom, but he never did much for me, though I get his appeal.

I also used to have a big thing for David Duchovny. I got to see him Live at a ComicCon a few years back and he is also one of those people that has the “it” factor. He is super sexy in person. But now he’s also off the list due to being a douche.

Really right now I’m looking for crushable celebs who aren’t jerks. The only guy who kinda does it for me right now is Irdis Elba. As far as I know he’s not a creeper. But I’m open for suggestions.

5 Likes

It’s funny how tastes go, eh? Duchovny and Elba I’m with you, 100%, but Pitt has never done anything for me, at all. I only like his acting when he’s supposed to be annoying, which I think is part of it.

It’s not 'cos he’s blonde, 'cos I find other blondes attractive.

Oh well, diversity is strength etc.

4 Likes

Dawson’s Creek was videotaped in my old hometown of Wilmington, and I got to see one scene being shot live when we stumbled into a shoot in the aquarium.

The guy who played Pacey, Joshua Jackson is SUPER HOT in person; he’s one of those guys who is even more good looking in person than on camera. People who saw the guy who played Dawson, James Van Der Beek, said he is also gorgeous in person, but he never did a single thing for me on the screen, so he’d have be might hot in person to make up for his total Meh on the screen for me.

But the show is long off the air so he’s scratched off my list, too.

Yes, it is funny to me how some people really excite people and others, not so much. For years people used to talk about Sean Connery, but he’s like my dad’s age, so, no, and also, I don’t know, even when he was young, just not my type.

3 Likes

Cillian Murphy:

Jacob Anderson:

7 Likes

Different strokes for different folks, but anyone who doesn’t think Idris Elba is absolutely edible is cray-cray.

:wink:

That said, even Brad Pitt in his heyday still isn’t my cup of tea; even though as an artist, I can tell that he’s aesthetically pleasing to the eye.

Same thing with Jensen Ackles; I know he’s super pretty, but I’m not attracted to him.

9 Likes

I don’t always get crushes on authors I like. In fact, I usually don’t. Camus is the exception. Image-729300

(It probably helps he lived through my favourite eras for men’s fashion.)

4 Likes

Then you’ll probably enjoy Nathan Page (Australian actor) playing a police inspector in 1920’s Melbourne:

5 Likes

Loved the Miss Fisher series and yes.:grinning:

2 Likes

I completely changed my mind about James Van Der Beek after watching The Bitch in Apt 23. He is brilliant in it.

4 Likes

That show did totally make me like him as an actor; he and Kristen Ritter played so well off each other…

6 Likes

I like that he made a philosophical career out of, “Ehn, fuck it.”

2 Likes

I think that was more Sartre. Camus was more like, “there is no baseline, so you’re going to have to make it up.”

2 Likes

I’ve been avoiding that show but have heard good things about it so maybe I’ll add it into the queue.

1 Like

Being het, I’m not sexually attracted to men, but I think I can recognize hotness when I see it. There’s something about Karl Urban…

12 Likes

He’s not normally trotted out as a “sexy” guy, but I’ve always found him to be quite attractive. Even as the doofus he played in REDs.

5 Likes