GURPS Banestorm redux

:game_die: 6, 4, 6

A fail, but not a Crit Fail, so no major damage done. Roll again and roleplay the fail. :slight_smile:

Second try,
@discobot roll 3d6 vs 10 Veterinary

:game_die: 2, 4, 1

BTW, when Hayu uses the term “citizen”, it doesn’t mean of any particular nationality. “Citizens” are basic, hardworking people, as opposed to criminals, guards, and anyone generally involved in the machinery of corruption. Citizens work hard, pay their taxes and tithes and generally do what authority tells them to. She doesn’t deem them as acceptable targets for most scams (it’s far easier and more fun to con a con), though she isn’t above taking advantage of a little shelter or sympathy every now and then. Like now.

1 Like

I’m not sure what a good magical healer and a funeral would cost in al-Wazif but given the expensiveness of Eabd’s loot I’m assuming one of the cheaper items will cover it all.

But if Ranar strongly objects to sharing the loot (I think that’s one of his disadvantages) or if the healing won’t really cost that much, Thwip will tuck some of his cash into the fellow’s pocket without any argument and leave with the others.

You’re halfway between Tredroy and Hadaton, a day’s walk north of the river.

There’s a north-south road a couple of hours east of you, which leads to a trading post on the river. You were heading for that road when you met Sasha; Hayu and the horsemen arrived from the east.

The river has a lot of traffic. If you can make it to the trading post, it should be easy to buy your way onto a ship. From there, you could go back upriver to Tredroy, or downstream to Hadaton.

From Hadaton, you could get a ship to anywhere.

The horse is up and walking.

The horseman will awaken shortly. Loiter to interrogate or scarper?

My vote is to tie the horse to the tree and bug out before he sees which way we went.

It’s a valuable animal…

Something to carry the gear would speed you up, too.

*Saint Brendan of Clonfert or Bréanainn of Clonfert (c. 484 – c. 577) (Irish: Naomh Breandán; Latin: Brendanus; Icelandic: (heilagur) Brandanus) called “the Navigator”, “the Voyager”, or “the Bold” is one of the early Irish monastic saints.

He is crippled, so an able bodied and reasonably stealthy person could probably lose him in the copse or the surrounding scrub and not give away which direction the party’s headed…

I say we just pack our new horse and go.

Everyone happy to head off? If there are no objections, I’ll put up a narrative post detailing the journey.

In which direction are you headed?

I’m suggest that we not go in the direction the guards came from. So probably south to the river, then east along its bank until we can get across.

BTW, as a reference for map scale: assuming that they had a competent weather wizard, a ship voyage from Hadaton to Yibyorak would take about five days. Hadaton to Araterre would be about two weeks.

A military express with magic to burn could cut that by about two thirds.

I’m onboard for that, with the slight tweak of following the river to the trading post and then a quick river-boat out of the area.

Dragging it out a bit to give y’all time to chat.

Waiting for a character who is not the shy animal whisperer to break the ice. :wink:

Since it’s not in Ranar’s character I’ll wait for the other players to tell their tales before Thwip does the “Last time on Star Trek Yttaria…” info dump.

Just so you guys know, I am not pulling out of the game, but one of Hayu’s triggers is people who blame her for things that aren’t her fault.

And realistically, she didn’t even know you guys were there until Ranar started shooting.