GURPS Banestorm redux

Waiting on @macro for the Eoin/Hayu/Ranar plot line. If he’s away much longer, that’s fine; I’ll just NPC Eoin for a bit.

1 Like

Sorry for the extended delay, I just became a dad a month and a bit earlier than expected.

I’ve busy sorting things out and running interference with friends and family while Mrs Macro and the Micro rest up.
I’ll get a post in narrative thread shortly.

6 Likes

I think that’s a reasonable excuse. Congratulations!

1 Like

Thanks. I’m a weird mix of thrilled, excited and utterly exhausted, even though I’m not the one who did the hard bit.

1 Like

Welcome back. :slight_smile:

That news deserves a triumphant owl in celebration:

2 Likes

@MalevolentPixy

What’s Hayu doing?

Before I post: Can Thwip’s far-hearing ears pick up on what he’s doing out back?

Can you give me about a day or so? I am in the middle of a massive cleaning job and I don’t want to lose momentum, or I will never get going again (I do not enjoy cleaning and have an attention deficit. This makes for a mess).

1 Like

Do what I do and wait for the smells

So, how do dollars translate into the farthings, talents and pennies Thwip is carrying?

1 Like

Gold Marks are $200, Silver Pennies $4, Copper Farthings $1, Bronze Scunners $0.50, Tin Bits $0.10

The “talent” on Thwip’s sheet is a typo; he has Marks instead.

I haven’t yet taken the cost of the boat trip from the character sheets, so you’re a bit less cashed up than you appear.

1 Like

I have hopefully gotten around that outrageous medial price tag. What is this place? America?

1 Like

BTW: limb healing spells.

A clean break will heal in about a month. A nasty break or badly mangled limb will never heal properly.

The basic “repair limb” spell ensures that any break or mangling will heal properly, and can even reattach a severed limb if done quickly enough. The super-flashy version does the same thing, but instantly.

1 Like

I’m sorry Thwip is being racist again.

A good friend of mine, as lefty and “we’re all peeples” as they come, would always play some loathsome arsehole in the most clownish strawman-argument way. It got to the point we had to ask him to stop because it was getting a little bit too real with one character who was a white supremacist.

He had a lot of family issues.

2 Likes

Ah! Shit! I’m clueless! I should have picked up on this when it was posted.

Dude, if you need some mental R&R I’m totally cool with a hiatus.

2 Likes

Thanks, but it’s all cool. Forcing myself into a decent mood every now and then is good for me.

Just waiting on posts from Sasha or Eoin before we move on.

1 Like

Or is that one strong back and one advanced knowledge of things like pulleys and levers?

2 Likes

Heh.

Sadly, Thwip isn’t well financed enough to build contraptions. But should he ever find a patron you better believe that The Pulllying Engine will get built.

This was a typo but I feel it fit in with Thwip’s way of speaking so I kept it.

@discobot roll 3d6 vs target 15 for extinguish fire