Let's Name This Place Updated: Round 2!

I assume that go.fish is loooong gone. :nerd:

9 Likes

As is solongandthanksforallthe.fish :frowning:

10 Likes

sel.fish? :slight_smile:

8 Likes

Taken, tho besel.fish isnā€™t.

I wasnā€™t aware fish was a tld. Iā€™m not even sure why it is. But coincidentally Iā€™ve been thinking about an aquatic related business and [redacted].fish might just be the perfect nameā€¦

8 Likes

You mean babel.fish? because I am so game on for babel.fish

5 Likes

Sad trombone

4 Likes

No, babel,fish is taken though I think you can buy it for $3k. I meant besel.fish, yā€™know, like be selfish? Too clever by half, maybe.

aperfectdayforbanana.fish is available. Not sure if thatā€™s exactly happy news, though.

4 Likes

NeonMeateDreamOfAOcta.fish?

The .fish TLD also suggests a particular Blind Boy Fuller song, but Iā€™ll just leave it at that.

2 Likes

Back on topic; Iā€™m a little disappointed that we have just 23 voters in this survey, when we had about double that in the last survey. Donā€™t know if people are just missing it because itā€™s a long thread and the survey is in the middle, or what. It makes me uncomfortable to make such a big decision with so few people votingā€¦

Anyone have any ideas how to drive voter turnout for this?

4 Likes

how about solongnthx4allthe.fish ?

3 Likes

I suggest changing the topic title with a call to action, like this:

Please VOTE: Letā€™s Name This Place Updated: Round 2!

And, maybe emoji, for a colorful non-sequitur: :ghost: :space_invader: :robot: :four_leaf_clover:

5 Likes

2 Likes

I think @CleverEmiā€™s along the right lines, but I think you should go even further - possibly like my subtle little proposal elsewhere, I suspect itā€™s is getting lost in the noise of off-topic sidetrackingraw enthusiasm.
Branch the poll off into a new topic, big and loud, poll as first post therein.

(Or ask one of the admin of you donā€™t have the TL yet. :slight_smile: )

(But yes, definitely absolutely positively donā€™t skimp on the emoji :cactus::rabbit2::mushroom::dizzy:)

5 Likes

Perhaps a new topic that points to this thread ā€“ folks might not be looking at the ā€œunreadā€ list.

3 Likes

Personally, I havenā€™t voted because it doesnā€™t matter. It has a name already. You want to rename it, and I understand why. But whatever the name, itā€™s just going to be a bookmark in a long list of other bookmarks.

None of the choices seem particularly compelling to me. Some of the names are a bit whimsical. I havenā€™t worked much with any of the newer TLDs, but I can tell you that a lot of corporate firewalls (including mine) block them en masse, if that matters to you.

Personally, if it were my decision to make, Iā€™d lean away from anything that looks back towards where we came from. Most everyone we want from there has already come here. Our challenge now is going to be to attract new people-- our kind of people-- who may not understand the inside jokes and references.

Something plain, short, very vanilla, and a .com, .org, or .net TLD is the way to go, in my opinion.

6 Likes

@waetherman
You can click the wrench :wrench: in the upper right, click Select Postsā€¦, select that post, and then click move to new topic.

4 Likes

freakflag.org is taken

7 Likes

mutantflag.com isnā€™t :slight_smile:

Not sure why that came up as an alternative to ā€œfreakflagā€ but whatever.

5 Likes

I think Iā€™m probably just tired, but doesnā€™t that look back towards where we came from? (ā€œHappy Mutants LLCā€ and all that)

2 Likes

Indeed, but thatā€™s one of the reasons they want to change it-- the potential for legal action from the Orange Owl.

3 Likes