Share your Steam library psychological debt. Or not. Whatever

I really like Fistful of Frags (free, Steam) as an arena shooter. Ideally, free and low cost games would be best for the TBD clan. Maybe we should start a Game night thread?

(Cards Against Humanity has an excellent fanmade webgame and there are a few other online boardgames that could warrant a separate topic)

1 Like

I wouldn’t mind having a private group on Steam that we could get into and play some of the multiplayer games together.

4 Likes

There’s also this: http://store.steampowered.com/app/286160/Tabletop_Simulator/

2 Likes

I would be down with that.
Having a full 4 player go at any of the Borderlands games would be much fun.

1 Like

I would have to get Borderlands first :frowning:

1 Like

They are always a good deal at sale time… I got hooked with a free weekend of Borderlands 2 and the sale price was quite nice for the GOTY edition that included the extra playable characters and some extra campaign packs. I definitely got my money’s worth out of that one.

Besides the weird west/sci-fi theme, there are a lot of good world building things they did right with the game that I didn’t realize until much later. They do stuff like not all the women are bimbo eye candy, some of the characters are gay and nobody cares that they are. I actually got the kid (who was still 13 at the time) a copy so we could play together… managing to do that on a regular basis has been problematic though.

1 Like

https://www.trueachievements.com/gamer/LockeCJ/stats

My problem is as least as bad on the Xbox platforms, if not worse.

1 Like

https://www.trueachievements.com/gamer/theficus/stats

Scary.

We should start another thread to exchange gamertags/PSN IDs and such.

1 Like

Hmm, haven’t picked up my Vita or PS3 for a while…should really do that.

1 Like

Hmm, well supposedly a Steam sale is coming up at the end of June. If I see it for a good price, I’ll see if I can pick it up (depends on the finances).

2 Likes

Sure, if we can lock that post to TL2 at least. I don’t mind sharing with people like you guys,but I think there are a few of us who don’t just want to randomly throw that out on the Internet. Especially given the nature of some gamers (if you can make it to TL2 on this board, you aren’t one of them, most likely).

7 Likes

Created.

1 Like

Nice. I tell myself I get a good value out of my games, but I didn’t realize it was $0.05-$0.50 per hour.

My stats on GOG probably wouldn’t be quite as good since I bought a lot there on nostalgia or in package deals and haven’t played yet.

4 Likes

An interesting comparison of gaming across our members indeed! And I blame @daneel for all those hours dropped on Realm Grinder.

4 Likes

I still need to try that but then Clicker Heroes still gets me checking in with the game regularly.

3 Likes

38 games, 14 not played. $148 with sales.

I’ve actually played 18, abandoned 2 due to boring plots, and abandoned 7 due to accessibility problems. I’ve got 2 or 3 I’d like to try. (Unfortunately, the most expensive-- Total War Rome II-- is in the abandoned list.)

2 Likes

So, this might be a little off topic, but I gotta share.

I’ve been making an effort to play games I hadn’t played much, and get the some of the achievements for them. It’s not really worth anything, but fun to see what I can manage. Unfortunately, I have a good number of games that I either played a short time and decided I just didn’t like, or that have achievements that are darn near impossible to get. So I’ve been trying to do this only with games I at least like playing and have a decent chance of getting achievements in.

So, long story short… I just finally hit a 50% game completion rate.

As silly as I know it is, it still makes me feel like the money I’ve spent isn’t quite as wasted…

The game that pushed me over from 49%? Zuma’s Revenge, which I hadn’t played for four years, and only thought to try for a few achievements again because @Crashproof mentioned getting it.

8 Likes

i have played 406 hours of starbound.

Game I should probably play more: Dead Space

Game I should probably start: Remember me

3 Likes

Remember Me is kind of fun - less for the gameplay, which is a bit basic (although the ‘build your own fighting combo’ is a nice touch) but more for the world they built.

3 Likes

i am a sucker for lore 10 times out of 10

4 Likes