A World Turned Upside Down: Australian News

1 Like

Just got buzzed by my first Christmas beetle of the year.

1 Like

And it’s a “YES” for gay marriage.

One hurdle down, now just all the bullshit that conservative ideology fuckwits can try to cram in.

7 Likes

6 Likes

Here’s the map of the results.

The only areas to poll “No” were the Western Suburbs of Sydney and Rural Queensland. Figures.

Edit- looks like i missed a couple of Melbourne suburbs as well.

5 Likes

That’s not even close :open_mouth:
Congrats, Australia!!
:rainbow_flag::rainbow_flag::rainbow_flag: :australia: :rainbow_flag::rainbow_flag::rainbow_flag:

7 Likes

I may be wrong since I’ve only just gotten back to living in a parliamentary democracy and their arcane ways have been forgotten… but I think all this was essentially just a more expensive poll paid for by the tax payers so the sitting government could kick the can down the road and not actual marriage equality.

3 Likes

Yup.

However:

Go Team Green.

3 Likes

Isn’t Turnbull kind of a shitbag though? I mean, I know Hanson gets all the “Imma Shitbag” press, but I thought he was just a toned down version of the same.

Turnbull is a Macron-style neoliberal technocrat; he’s to the left of most of the US Dems.

However, half of his party are scumbag conservatives, who are rapidly drifting into reactionary extremism on the winds of the global zeitgeist. And Turnbull is lousy at tactical politics, so they’ve been dragging him all over the shop for years,

4 Likes

Sounds like Trudeau. Except the Liberals have always been nakedly about keeping corporations happy and will go along with the social winds.

2 Likes
5 Likes

Creative protest…

https://twitter.com/wilde_gio/status/931289143014973440

5 Likes
1 Like

Local fascists drawing response:

Jaysus.

Well, looks like the MUFF is about to die an ignominious death.

4 Likes

2 Likes
2 Likes
2 Likes