A World Turned Upside Down: Australian News

Oh, it’s that over here as well.

Robin Murphy is the bastard who runs the company, although his three sons (Rory, Adrian, Daniel) now handle most of it. Robin initially secured his bag taking crooked government contracts in the 1960’s during the Australian colonial occupation of PNG.

2 Likes

The last bit of this, from 1:40 onwards:

3 Likes

NSW cops have been consistently, blatantly and shamelessly corrupt for the entirety of my life. It never changes.

3 Likes

3 Likes

Remember that thing when Trump stared at the eclipse? Meet the current Oz PM:

4 Likes

Gotcha. Thanks.

1 Like
2 Likes
1 Like

&

&

2 Likes
2 Likes
2 Likes

TLDR: like much of the rest of the Jobcop and parasitic NDIS “provider” industries, this was a total scam.

Half-arsed and useless fake training programs that preyed upon the intellectually disabled in order to extract rent from government bureaucracy.

2 Likes

I’d argue more than ‘extract rent’ - seems like ‘justify its entire existence’. If my experience in the mainstream system is anything to go by, that is.

2 Likes

Continuing the theme…

Oz politics tends to reflect a watered-down and provincial version of prior US trends. Previously, the delay in the US-to-Oz Overton pipeline tended to be measured in years. Nowadays, thanks to social media, that delay is down to months.

But, as mentioned, it’s not a perfect reflection. It’s a distorted knock-off version.

So, y’know that thing that modern US Democrats do, where they highlight the superficial “diversity” of their ideologically and personally repulsive candidates in order to deflect criticism?

Here’s the cheap funhouse mirror version:

On the less ridiculous and comic side, we also have the Oz right making a major push at the moment on promoting US/UK style legislated transphobia. And they’re working hard on ginning up a Sinophobic Red Scare, which the ALP is predictably responding to by increasing their own nationalism and militarism.

2 Likes

Another one bites the dust:

As per usual, the “family issues” are nothing but shameless camouflage, delivered via a complicit media. Here’s why she actually quit:

She was also minister for Disability Services; I’ll be unsurprised to find that there’s some Covid-related scandal or similar about to drop there.

1 Like

Western Australia, where the nominally-left ALP controls the House with a 53 to 6 majority:

3 Likes

There was a TERF conference in Hobart today:

4 Likes