Put-Our-Rich-Criminals-in-Check Global Emporium

Thread:

6 Likes

Ah, but only to one patient at a time!

CEO’s and their heirs are getting paid to harm thousands, millions, billions of people at once

7 Likes

Hard centrism accepts hundred-year-old ideas of communitarian oppression and believes that oppression by the ignorant rich just needs to be bolstered by social obligation and humanized with “adjustments” to the taxes of skilled workers.

3 Likes

The relationships between super-managers and “their” IP. And by “their” I mean something they neither possess nor can realistically use except to restrict others’ possession and use. And by their relationships I mean a deeply corrupt culture of theft.

3 Likes

FTFY.

3 Likes

Can’t have oligopoly without an explict decision to not do business with other potential suppliers.

2 Likes

Putting this here, because if a local tourism company in Kentucky will steal (and falsely advertise/imply endorsement) so will the big guys. With more impunity.

7 Likes

Oh yes, pharma families are the best trash.

3 Likes

At some point, how rich—maintained in fungible value—do you have to be before you realize that you should stop doing your job on your phone?

2 Likes

had his phone number ported over to a different SIM card that was used to receive two-factor authentication codes sent to his number, all in order to change account passwords and obtain entry

It’s not really 2FA if someone can change the password and access the account with just that one single code. I wonder if it really was an insecure 1FA change password mechanism or if they phished him through a spoof site and got the password too.

1 Like

And what will happen to this wealthy sociopath? Nothing. Perhaps a fine. No prison time for ruining all those lives.

1 Like

I don’t think that’s how it worked.

It sounds like it was more:

1. Steal the SIM card.
  2. Call the account and claim forgot password.
  3. Reset password and receive 2FA code on stolen SIM card.

That could break every 2FA I know of. Even the RSA device ones – they steal the RSA widget and do a password reset, and they’re in.

2 Likes

well fucking duh!!

The traits you use to get rich generally lean away from helping people at all.

3 Likes

All bad guys now, so all good now.

2 Likes

Exactly - able to reset the password and gain access with only the 2FA code - one factor. (And the phone number to call from I guess, but if using SMS for 2FA that’s effectively having access to the same thing.)

ETA: my point is that a 2FA code alone should not be enough to reset a password, because as you said, then it could break anything.

3 Likes

Old school elites.

3 Likes

Behind every “caravan”, a billionaire.

2 Likes
7 Likes

Country-clubbers are still a bit timid:

Some but not all… or even most? That’s what Democrats are for!

4 Likes

This thread:

5 Likes