🍰🎂 Cakeday Celebrations! 🎂🍰

Thank you.

4 Likes

@Nonentity

Happy Cake Day!

4 Likes

Thank you!

2 Likes

Oh man, haven’t seen this thread for like four years. The posts from Tobin were jarring. Was thinking of him, his wife and son just today.

5 Likes

Many happy returns of the day :cupcake:

3 Likes

Happy Birthday to the Mother of Wi-Fi:

6 Likes

When I worked at Zebra Technologies, all our conference rooms were named after famous inventors. They were all men. I really wanted them to rename one the Hedy Lamarr room. Her work was directly relevant to our technology, and, I mean, she would have had the best pictures in her room. Who wouldn’t want to meet in that room?

4 Likes

Combine that with a little plaque noting that the all male US Navy design teams didn’t produce a working torpedo until after the end of the war. Subs used their deck guns. Our big new carriers had large complements of torpedo planes when it was pretty much just the dive bombers that were effective, and had one of the worst planes in the navy to do it with.

3 Likes

Man that would have been a blast. Well, this is why I am not in engineering anymore. I didn’t even feel comfortable to bring up the issue with the conference rooms and I feel confident no man even considered there was an issue.

3 Likes

It’s my cakeday for being here, I’m presuming, since my birthday’s in November, lol.

5 Likes