Corporate 'revenge'

The article about Dave Carroll’s guitar was from 2009 and United broke Dave’s guitar in 2008. Wikipedia says the stock dip at the time was probably mostly unrelated but didn’t help.

5 Likes

Ah, thank you for googling it. I wasn’t sure about the timing but still, fuck Murdoch.

3 Likes

:slight_smile: It was no trouble. I’ve followed Carroll’s story literally since 2009. :smiley:

5 Likes

Super short summary. Thing worked 80% of the time, and always managed to reset itself before the tech came out. Began to resent the unreliability of the thing, as the frustration of something expensive not working is annoying, but what’s really annoying is knowing that every time it stopped I a) hadn’t done it and b) was about to start a monthlong customer service odyssey that would lead nowhere at all.

I knew what the answer was, and it was theirs to do, and they wasted two years doing the same non-fix over and over and over.

But when I finally asked to cancel my service I was laughed at, and the next tech who came out ignored that I had ended my relationship with the company and tried to fix the thing without my consent on my property, he did leave when asked, but he ignored the sign I had left for him to NOT touch anything and leave. He started trying to fix things and then wouldn’t take the equipment with him as arranged.

Since then they’ve been billing me, which is not a problem. Let them sue me.

Laughing and Trespassing were the last straw. NOPE!

5 Likes

How does this strike everyone as a winning answer?

I know this company recycles e-waste, and has a customer drop off for it.

I have a surprising amount of old computer and stereo equipment laying around.

Maybe it’s time to send it all for recycling? (That makes it about 35 lbs, and since my UPS guy LOVES my dog - I’ll clear it with him first)

4 Likes

If it weren’t commercially viable, they wouldn’t do it. Yeh, they will pay a shit ton in postage but I’m sure the value of the raw materials would more than make up for it.

I’m surprised no one so far has suggested glitter…?

4 Likes

I would never infect their mailroom with the herpes of craft supplies. They’re not paid enough for that.

I just want to make up for a couple months of bill, waste still more of their time and resources to recover nothing from me - at only minimal effort on my own part.

4 Likes

That assumes every corporation is 100% right about all of its processes. Would that it were so.

I’m sure it was the right decision at some point, but that doesn’t mean it is now.

(Just saying because I’ve seen clients do things like painstakingly reconcile two reports by hand once a week – two reports that show the same data and pull from the same tables, just show two different views. When this was pointed out to them, it became clear it was a holdover from the old paper system where a manual reconciliation would have been very necessary. They kept doing it even after it was explained it would always balance because it was the same data – 3 hour job every Friday.)

5 Likes

that was funny. Also, he’s a total cutie.

2 Likes

HEY GUYZ AND GALZ

They’re actually sending me the box.

6 Likes

Behold the efficiency inherent in the free market.

4 Likes

As a connoisseur of gummi, I’d happily eat a bag of dicks if it were gummi dicks. Maybe something non-edible?

5 Likes

Y’know, I would too. I’m not in the habit of putting dicks in my mouth, but Gummi Dicks? Nom!

3 Likes

Gummi lighthouses, perhaps…?

“Happy Sailor Brand”, no less…

6 Likes

I understand the desire for vengeance but if you want to make sure that it doesn’t harm the workers, only the company, I think all of the suggestions so far are probably not the right approach. I’d go for humor rather than vengeance - do something that gets the mailroom and talking and laughing for awhile. Something that pokes fun at the CEO or something. Photoshop something good and put it on a poster. Include multiple copies in the package.

3 Likes