Count to Ten Thousand

Printers may be more boring than Porsches, but this is as boring as it gets:

I liked the “original” Porsches, but not the one percentmobiles they make nowadays. Someone once said that the most German engineer thing possible was the bumper sticker that said “Mein andere Auto ist auch eine Porsche*” (My other car is also a Porsche). The original ones were really the only remotely exotic cars that a competent home mechanic could service, and they came with excellent toolkits. A former colleague once managed to wangle one as a company car, and ten years later was able to point out to the accounts department that he still had it while other people’s cars had been replaced several times.

*Since I took up Russian I have been forgetting all my German grammar so sorry if this is incorrect.

6 Likes

Image result for dodd frank 922

Agreed!!!

7 Likes

I can tell by your response that you never word at Kinko’s. That ain’t no printer, that’s a dreaded paper folder. I get a fear-response just looking at it. :expressionless:

But I agree wih you on Porsches. I don’t like any of them after about 1983.

4 Likes

Of course it’s a paper folder. Brain in neutral. It looks different from the one we had, though. It dispensed the result upright in a neat stack so they could be placed straight in a box.

Note how I have resisted the temptation to show the Porsche 924, but that’s because I consider it to be hideous, like a flattened VW Beetle with a greenhouse tacked on the back. (Engine wrong technology and wrong end too.)

7 Likes

And thank you.

7 Likes

8 Likes

4 Likes

And here we are at 928. The last good Porsche.

4 Likes

4 Likes

Apparently there is a Porsche 930, but I resisted the temptation.

4 Likes

6 Likes

With the handling package (4 wheel discs and 15" wheels) they handle beautifully.

Because snobs hate them, they’re cheap and worth working on, unlike an Audi or VW.

2 Likes

So anyway, to keep on target.

28 AM

5 Likes

OM 934 Euro 6 Bus Engine. The name is in the link.

(I’m sorry I provoked @AndyHilmer into breaking the game).

3 Likes

1 Like

2 Likes

4 Likes

5 Likes

4 Likes

3 Likes