Crime World

This is why I will not fuck with Amazon.

2 Likes

Not sure if there is crime involved here, but it looks like it:

5 Likes

OMG. Sure sounds like a crime to me.

3 Likes

And now this happened.

People who commit suicide after their domestic violence crimes come to light – they knew what they were doing was wrong. That’s the part that always gets me. They know it’s wrong, and yet they’re selfish enough to do it anyhow.

9 Likes

Thread

Hence when it came to fiction:

4 Likes

kansascity.com/news/state/kansas/article218183875.html

or should this be in #DammitKansas

7 Likes

Isn’t this why those high school kids are running for governor?

4 Likes
8 Likes

Public relations nightmare. Not fraud :thinking:

Thing is, Ticket Bastard has a nigh-monopoly on big-stadium ticketing. So what, other than people abandoning live shows in droves, would make them change?

8 Likes

Legislation? An effective competitor?

4 Likes

Something.

On two occasions I have had friends get sick the day we were going to a show, and I’ve been in the position of trying to recoup the ticket price. Both times I was just selling for exactly what I’d paid for it. Once I managed to sell, and once I had security lean on me to make me stop (and yes I was well away from the door).

Then there’s my friend who bought a block of tickets because all these people told her they were going and would pay her, and then changed their minds. She resold 6 tickets to a professional scalper who gave her less than half face value.

And I think that’s what burns me the most about this. The fan who’s been stiffed by friends not paying them before the show and then not showing up – they get leaned on. The professional gougers get cozied up to.

Fuck that shit.

11 Likes

Yeah, I used stubhub to sell tickets once on the day of a sold out show when we had a major storm and were without power (or showers) and another time when I bought tickets to something and then found out my wife hated that band and really didn’t want to go to. Selling 2 or 4 tickets secondhand should be fine. Fans get to see the show they want, the venue sells more concessions, bands sell more merch, etc., vs having empty seats. It’s a win-win-win.

But people buying out blocks of 5 million tickets just to resell at inflated prices? That’s a different thing.

7 Likes

Yeh but it’s piracy that is killing music, not “grossly cartelised and obviously corrupt corporate influences”.

I mean, duh.

10 Likes
1 Like

“The WaPo sub-eds need to go back to writing headlines instead of clickbait, the Cynic said. Then he…”

2 Likes

Yeah, I know. When I see these stories, WaPo always seems to be there first, and I weigh my options. Daily Mail? WaPo? New York Post? It all sucks.

4 Likes

https://www.wsj.com/articles/how-one-stubborn-banker-exposed-a-200-billion-russian-money-laundering-scandal-1540307327

1 Like
1 Like

Thread:

7 Likes

Usually I agree with Alexandra Erin, by in this case that doesn’t scan. People convert between any currency to another because they need to make a transaction in the other currency, full stop. I didn’t buy euros for a trip to the Netherlands because I no longer thought Canadian dollars were sound.

I liked Secret Gamer Girl’s points, though, in the first thread. And maybe I just haven’t been paying attention, but it seems like both Bitcoin and blockchain have become less trendy of late.

4 Likes