Elon Musk offers to “buy 100% of Twitter” for $43 billion

Even sites that are strongly pro-Tesla seem to think this pettiness is stupid, explaining to people how to get Disney+ back.

This whole thing seems to stem from Elon being ridiculously thin-skinned and immature. He remains mad that Disney stopped advertising on ExTwitter, and famously told Disney’s Bob Iger to go fuck himself, before insisting that Disney’s board should fire Iger (and I thought Elon was against cancel culture? tsk tsk)

3 Likes
3 Likes
4 Likes

The venn diagram of people who flipped out over 5G chips in the vaccine and people who are cheering this on must be a wild overlap.

6 Likes

from

9 Likes

Not to mention the ads…

This reminds me of an underrated movie:

Andrew Niccol is not a subtle writer or director, but I tend to like his work nonetheless.

2 Likes
5 Likes
4 Likes

Musk yesterday shared a post claiming that McCormick’s ruling “is another clear example of the Biden administration and its allies weaponizing the American legal system against their political opponents.”

Yes, the Federal Government and Biden are totally responsible for a shareholder suing over misleading information and a state court ruling against you on the issue. :roll_eyes: God, these people are exhausting.

7 Likes
3 Likes
2 Likes

How entitled he is, thinking people owe him money.

3 Likes

i found that to be particularly easy on Musk, given all that he’s doing right now… very weird for Oliver, honestly. I was hoping he’d completely eviscerate him…

2 Likes
4 Likes
2 Likes

Because Mr. Sue-anyone-who-highlights-increasing-Nazis-on-Twitter knows all about the benefit of humanity. :roll_eyes:

6 Likes

I am not a fan of the company named OpenAI being decidedly non-open.

Also, with regards to Mr. Musk:

2 Likes

The former Twitter executives’ lawsuit said the success fee payments were not valid grounds to fire them. Twitter’s severance plans defined cause narrowly as circumstances “such as being convicted of a felony or committing ‘gross negligence’ or ‘willful misconduct,’” the lawsuit said. “‘Cause’ is not ‘Board-approved business decisions that Musk dislikes’ from the time before he owned the Company.”

The former executives also pointed to the dozens of unpaid-paid bill lawsuits filed against Musk, who has repeatedly been accused of refusing to honor contracts that Twitter entered before the acquisition.

“Under Musk’s control, Twitter has become a scofflaw, stiffing employees, landlords, vendors, and others. Musk doesn’t pay his bills, believes the rules don’t apply to him, and uses his wealth and power to run roughshod over anyone who disagrees with him,” the former Twitter executives’ lawsuit said.

5 Likes
2 Likes

scofflaw is one of those words that I think I know the meaning of, but don’t think I’ve ever seen a formal definition of.

scofflaw /skŏf′lô″, skôf′-/

noun

1. One who habitually violates laws, especially laws that do not involve serious criminal offenses.
  2. One who habitually violates minor laws or fails to answer trivial court summonses (such as parking tickets).
  3. An iconoclast.
  4. One who habitually ignores the law and does not answer court summonses.

The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition • More at Wordnik

Definition 1 is likely the intended meaning.

Ooh iconoclast:

iconoclast /ī-kŏn′ə-klăst″/

noun

1. One who attacks and seeks to overthrow traditional or popular ideas or institutions.
  2. One who destroys sacred religious images.
  3. A breaker or destroyer of images or idols; a determined enemy of idol worship.

The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition • More at Wordnik

Definition 1 checks out, and goes some way towards explaining the legions of Musketeers he has collected in his wake.

3 Likes