Elon Musk offers to “buy 100% of Twitter” for $43 billion

5 Likes
3 Likes

Which fucking law, Leon Umsk? Florida’s “nun uh you can’t ban Trump for inciting violence” law, Germany’s “no Nazis law”, Canada’s “don’t be a hatespeecher” law? What about Thailand’s blashemy law? Considering Twitter is officially headquartered in Ireland, Irish law?

Methinks he is like a weasel

3 Likes

Musk will give trump his twitter back. The only way to fight this is stop using it, media stop repeating things said there, just fucking kill it.

5 Likes

It’s well worth noting that there are still a lot of hoops that would need to be jumped through before the offer could actually be accepted. And apparently, part of his funding is contingent on the performance of Tesla’s stock… which dropped on the news of the offer.

Since it’s tangentially related…

He’s been complaining a lot lately that the SEC “blackmailed” him into accepting the consent decree.

5 Likes

Yep. New bullshit is the same as old bullshit. Reddit maintains terrible-awful as well as any, but I stay away mostly. Twitter will either break itself or break Musk. Either way, there are elsewheres.

5 Likes
3 Likes

In fairness, Tizzle couldn’t make that happen either (lanekeeping or getting Musk to do his fucking job). For my part, things like Wellbutrin just cause an inability to think and bad tummy trouble. Adderall same.

1 Like

However, the lawsuit alleges the sale “may not lawfully close until 2025 absent approval by the affirmative vote of 66 2/3% of Twitter’s voting stock not ‘owned’ by Musk,” citing Section 203 of Delaware corporate law.

Section 203 prohibits corporations from engaging in any business with any stockholder for at least three years after the date the stockholder owns at least 15% of the corporation’s outstanding stock.

Musk owned 9.6% of Twitter’s outstanding voting stock when its board approved the sale. But because of an arrangement he reportedly had with Twitter founder Jack Dorsey and Musk’s financial adviser Morgan Stanley, the plaintiffs argue Musk was an “interested stockholder” representing more than 15%. Dorsey owned 2.4%, and Morgan Stanley 8.8%, at the time of the sale.

7 Likes
6 Likes
6 Likes

He thinks he’s too smart to fail like Carl Icahn.

4 Likes

Welp, there you go. We knew it was never about free speech and always about attacking the left.

8 Likes
2 Likes

Is this related to the topic? I think it might affect the deal…maybe?

And is “sexual massage” a euphemism for hand-job? I know in “People” magazine, a blow-job is called “full-tilt whoopee”, so…

3 Likes

7 Likes
8 Likes

Super creepy that massage is an everyday function of their travel.

1 Like

Just while we’re dunking on Elon…

5 Likes

The entire car is overengineered but underthought.

5 Likes