Fuck Today, Reboot Edition

Reminds me of a funny story my Mom had. If I’m recalling it correctly, she’d dozed off on the floor next to my playpen, only to be woken up when I plucked a book from the nearby shelves and dropped it on her head.

What book was it?

Erma Bombeck’s “Just Wait Until You Have Children Of Your Own.”

Damn, I miss Mom.

16 Likes

but I’m too tall, lol.

Hugh Jackman made it work. Just make all your props huge or something.

8 Likes

I think it’s all about the right wig. That’s a very specific hairdo.

8 Likes

Okay, you and everyone else have convinced me to do it next year, LOL!

7 Likes

My favorite was either “The Grass Is Always Greener Over the Septic Tank” or “Family - The Ties that Bind…And Gag!”. This thread reminded me of them and I was thinking I had one around here somewhere, but then remembered that it was 30 years ago and half a country away when I read them. Nice detour down memory lane.

7 Likes

Well, the last month actually. I managed to get the incision on my hand infected. I had to have it drained, looked at by hand surgeon (“it should come out,” always said by every surgeon everywhere), and was put on an antibiotic. The latter certainly killed everything in my GI system. :grimacing: But the infection is gone, and the thing seems to be healing without additional surgery. I think. Seeing a dermatologist today (whom I should have seen in the first place).

13 Likes

Yeah, not great. I’m glad it’s healing though. I bet you’re ready to have your hand back.

9 Likes

Load up on plain unsweetened probiotic-rich yogurt, my friend!

8 Likes

Oh yes. And a course of probiotic capsules. I’m back to (my) normal now. Thanks!

9 Likes

I’ve always (personally) found kimchi helpful in such times.
I am not a doctor.

9 Likes

Kimchi is always helpful.

7 Likes

Alas fermented veggies are not to my taste.

And alas again, the dermatologist took another biopsy, to make sure, as what I had can sometimes be skin cancer in disguise. For goodness sake! Oh well, lesson learned. Go to the right doc in the first place.

Trouble is, I know you have to be proactive in managing your health (especially when you get to my age :roll_eyes:) but I sometimes confuse it with my spotty knowledge of medical stuff so that I over-manage when I need to listen to the experts.

ETA: does anyone else see skin in yellow above? If so, why?

7 Likes

The word “skin?”

No, it looks the same colour as every other word does. Maybe it’s being pixelated strangely. Do you have your window at 100% zoom? If the zoom isn’t an even multiple of 100%, it could be making the lines of your letters a weird width, which could cause it to use some colours of pixel more than others.

5 Likes

Actually I didn’t say that properly; the word had black type against a yellow background – as in a highlight. Here on Windows & Firefox it looks fine; it was doing the yellow bit on my iPad – and it’s not doing it anymore.

Maybe it was a xylocaine induced hallucination.

6 Likes

I intend to achieve immortality by eating as much kimchi as I can, and using that as the base with which to pickle my entire body with beer.

PROVE ME WRONG.

15 Likes

When you suffer from acid reflux, IT IS NOT.

11 Likes

The Kim Jong Un diet

8 Likes

I would like to join your experiment. Being immortal, we’ll eventually be able to make kimchi and beer as common as hambugers and sodas.

11 Likes

Be the change you want to see in the world. :+1:

13 Likes

…Or the fumes you want to see in the air.

9 Likes