Fuck Today, Reboot Edition

(Hug) parenting little kids sucks. It is wonderful but also completely exhausting. Hang in there and feel free to pm if you need someone to unload on.

7 Likes

Well, went food-shopping today at Meijer and hopefully, I can make some of it last longer than usual. But…

What do we do when we need more OTC painkillers and allergy meds? I was able to get some at Dollar Tree (their brand IS just as good as other store brands and the nat’l brands), but what about when they run out? And my mmj - they don’t just give that away. If we don’t get another stimulus check, we’re screwed.

And by “we”, I mean everyone who’s in a similar sitch.

4 Likes

I hope so, too hun!

kitty-hugs

7 Likes

here I am 16 days away again.but I am hanging in there. The better days are geting better, the of course it is time for another chemo session. But I did get out for a haircut and a quick comic/game shop visit tuesday.
Of course chemo was yesterday and ongoing till the slow realeas on empties out of the pump tomorrow afternoon.
I am gaing weight now and the blood tests keep showing lower level for tthe tumor indicators per my oncologist but as last time it isn’t fully good news till then next scheduled CT scan. But it worked out for the good news last time as less lumps seen and the dark spots in the liver are much smaller.
So outside of the chemo side effects and not getting out much if at all it look like that with the help of the chemo nurses as is on track to less chemo visits soon.

14 Likes

So as of 7/29/20, I am/was supposed to upload a receipt showing I paid money to DTE, or else the MI-DHHS isn’t going to help me with my bill. I HAVE NO INCOME. And how often can folks help me when THEY need help as well? So if you don’t see me on here, it’s because the electricity to my home’s been shut off.

3 Likes

I’m stuck in an elevator.

7 Likes

Oh no! Are you alone? Are any of the emergency buttons working?

3 Likes

ok, I’m gonna need an update on this one

6 Likes

Indeed, I hope you are no longer trapped!

5 Likes

@Lucy_Gothro1
@CleverEmi
@infundibulum

Update:

I am no longer in the elevator.

I went down to the basement to do my laundry. A number of the lights in the roof of the elevator were out. As I walked toward the laundry room, I noticed that some simple electrical work was being done In a nearby breaker box.

I started my laundry going, returned to the elevator and pushed the 4 button. I noticed a slight electrical ark behind the button. That might be unrelated. The door closed, the elevator moved about 6 inches and then stopped. The fan also stopped and the remaining lights went out.

I contacted the buildings “super.” He reset the breaker after about five minutes and I was back on my way.

After half an hour I wanted to return to the basement to move my laundry to the dryer. At this point the elevator was completely immobile between the 4th and 5th floors. I have no idea if anyone was still in it.

So to get to my laundry, I had to walk down to the first floor and go out the fire door. A sign on the fire door said an alarm would sound. No alarm sounded. I then had to walk down a flight of exterior steps and then enter the basement through the garbage room.

12 Likes

Good to hear…er, I mean read!

7 Likes

So a prominent woman academic, and founder of #MeTooSTEM, appears to have been running a years-long Twitter sock puppet account claiming to be a bisexual, indigenous woman professor. Said sock was recently claimed to have been killed by COVID after being forced to teach in-person into April.

I very sincerely hope this story doesn’t end up being what it appears. But what in the actual fuck? If this is what happened, the damage this person has done to sexual harassment reporting in academia, the discussion around COVID, and the rights of BIPOC scholars is incalculable. I can’t even figure out what thread this should go in because it’s so fucked.

10 Likes

I should point out, as a public service announcement to everyone, that I pushed the emergency button and nothing happened. BUT! I had my phone with me so I called the super directly.

Never get in an elevator without a phone!

8 Likes

OK, so the movie was less exciting than the trailer, but honestly, I don’t wish an exciting “getting stuck in an elevator” experience on anyone, so good news all around.

7 Likes

Good advice!
You didn’t mention fellow passengers; I assume you were alone? I can’t imagine getting stuck (anywhere) in close quarters with some MAGA dunce without a mask.

5 Likes

At least the phone worked in your elevator. IME, my phone’s just dead when I get into the metal box…

6 Likes

Fuck.

Michigan DHHS won’t help me with my DTE bill unless I pay DTE the amount I owe them, then send them a receipt proving I did so.

FUCK.

I got an email not too long ago from DTE telling me they’re going to shut off my electricity unless I pay them some money.

FUCK.

While I was typing an email to my worker re my sitch, my son was in the basement screaming at a video game. THAT incensed me - I didn’t make a peep about the electricity possibly being shut off; and I honestly don’t believe that not beating a boss in whatever 1st-person-shooter he was playing (or Mario, who knows? I didn’t look.) is as provoking as feellng all sorts of guilt and anger at not being able to pay my bills.

FUCK, things are TOUGH all over for everyone. Just…fuck.

and…HAHAHAHAHA…I want to sleep but GOOD LUCK WITH THAT, EH?

(one good thing: my mmmj connection traded me an eighth for some mixing bowls - and I didn’t have to give up my precious Pyrex four-bowl set in classic yellow, red, green, and blue!)

2 Likes

Is there anything we can do to help?

3 Likes

The last time I did a fundraiser for myself it was a bust. I can’t think of anything other than helping me somehow glom onto the the $350.88 I need.

Here’s what I emailed to my MI-DHHS worker:

Dear Ms. Glenn,

I hope this finds you and yours doing well. I received the below email and have no idea where I could get my hands on

the necessary funds to prevent DTE from shutting off my electricity As I’m sure you realize, the situation has become dire all over the country.

I cannot get an essential worker job because of the limitations of my bilateral carpal tunnel syndrome. And as long is there is no vaccine, I do not see why myself and others like me should be punished for trying to stay alive.

As an aside, I do plan on calling DTE after I hear from you in order find out how to change the account to my name.

With kindest regards,

Lucy A. Gothro

And here’s the email I forwarded to her that I got from DTE:
Dear Ms. Glenn,

I hope this finds you and yours doing well. I received the below email and have no idea where I could get my hands on

the necessary funds to prevent DTE from shutting off my electricity As I’m sure you realize, the situation has become dire all over the country.

I cannot get an essential worker job because of the limitations of my bilateral carpal tunnel syndrome. And as long is there is no vaccine, I do not see why myself and others like me should be punished for trying to stay alive.

As an aside, I do plan on calling DTE after I hear from you in order find out how to change the account to my name.

With kindest regards,

Lucy A. Gothro

Here’s the email I got from DTE:

DTE Energy
DTE Energy Alert - Payment Due Reminder!
Hello Mary,

Just a friendly reminder that your DTE Energy bill is due.

Account Number: ****37679875 PAY NOW

Amount Due: $460.88
Due Date: 08/06/2020
Service Address: 24867 MELODY RD WARREN MI

Sign In/Up at dteenergy.com to view your current bill, make payments, manage account settings and much more!

Thanks,
Your DTE Energy Customer Service Team

3 Likes

OMG, a friend of mine who’s helped me immensely in the past has Paypal’d me the money!

7 Likes