Fuck Today, Reboot Edition

I hope it all got worked out finally :confused:

1 Like

That’s a much more sensible approach to me. I know much has been written about how typically washrooms are designed with the same number of toilets per gender, not taking into account that a lot of women’s clothing requires the woman to get at least half-undressed before she can even think of peeing (there’s that women’s clothing thing again). I’m sure there’s annoyances about men’s rooms I don’t know about which need fixing too.

I’d love to know what, if anything, architects consider about this stuff, or if they just go, “There! Met the building code! Now let’s talk about the tinted glass in the main boardroom!”.

6 Likes

They have assured me (in writing) that they will be using their own legal team to fight the C&D and that I have nothing to worry about, and also clarified (in writing) the legal issues being questioned, so I’m not as concerned now. Fingers crossed!

9 Likes

Water keeps rising… :sweat:

6 Likes

Uff da. Hope you’re staying dry :frowning:

4 Likes

At the place where they have the local farmer’s market, the bathrooms all share a common hand washing area with a baby changing station. There are two doors off that room for the toilets, which on the women’s side is a bunch of little rooms with real doors. I assume the men’s side is similar but with urinals as well.

It’s a pretty nice setup, and would work for a non-gender-specific bathroom as well. The private activities are in private little rooms, the rest is shared space, and anyone who needs to change a baby’s diaper can do so easily.

6 Likes

So far, but it is coming up the street slowly but surely. We will see if the dam relief efforts start flowing downhill from our spot soon.

5 Likes

This is my proposal for bathroom divisions: those who can keep it neat and tidy and recognize that it’s a shared space, and those who can’t.

That way, those of us to whom that is important can spend less time trying to just find a place to pee and being disgusted.

10 Likes

Pee troughs.

Also, sometimes while the men’s room is just a trough, a sink, and a couple of broken stalls with one or two flickering fluorescent tubes and faint lingering ghostly echoes of horror movie music, the women’s room has luxurious couches, potted plants, coffee tables, vending machines, cheerful mood lighting, and piped in music. I don’t really know why though (who wants to hang out in a bathroom?)

3 Likes

Today’s been one of those days.

I’ve been pissing off literally everyone I’ve integrated with today, and I’ve been completely oblivious that it was happening. Pure social ineptitude.

I don’t know what to do about it, how to fix it, how to recover gracefully, or even how to recover emotionally. All I know is that it will happen again and again and again and again and again.

8 Likes

I must go to the wrong restaurants. Couches I’ve never seen, potted plants is usually some sad little fern on the vanity which may or may not be made of plastic, coffee table no, the vending machines only vend hygiene products and maybe condoms, the mood lighting is… fluorescent tubes that aren’t broken, and the music is usually insipid.

If they’re clean, the stall doors latch, the taps work, there’s soap, and there’s toilet paper, that’s luxurious enough.

5 Likes

It has receded slightly :crossed_fingers:

9 Likes

I didn’t know what you meant, then happened upon this article:

Yeah, that’s not good, for man nor beast.

7 Likes

Good luck out there. I can’t even imagine.

3 Likes

It’s, uh, something to see. Not something you want to see, but something to see.

5 Likes

Are you there? You ok?

3 Likes

I feel like it’s been similar for me. I feel like I’m really draining on my support systems right now.

5 Likes

Father-in-law had a massive heart attack and aneurysm. Prognosis isn’t good.

12 Likes

I’m so sorry. :blue_heart:

6 Likes

It did yesterday. The manager had to come by and take the core of the deadbolt to fix it. It’s finally working and I can get into my office without having to borrow the master from the office manager! YAY!

8 Likes