Fuck Today, Reboot Edition

We can imagine quite well, thank you very much.

5 Likes

I saw a cardiologist yesterday to help with hypertension. Very impressive office, where in one place they have ultrasound machines for heart and blood vessels, stress test, EKG, etc. Very knowledgeable technicians, not to mention the cardiologist herself. So I went through a battery of tests, and everything was pretty much normal, especially my heart.

However, the ultrasound showed some nodules on my lungs. I get a CAT scan today to narrow things down, but most likely won’t know the results till next week.

Fuck.

7 Likes

I’m sorry friend, it’s excruciating to wait on a Schrodinger’s diagnosis. Here’s to hoping it’s whatever the best case scenario is!

5 Likes

Especially when it’s a CAT scan.

But thanks!

7 Likes
5 Likes

Just wait till everyone who isn’t white and christian is sent to a labor camp.

3 Likes

I’m white but definitely not Christian.

2 Likes

Very small and innocuous. However, I’ll need to get a CT in a year just to be sure.

5 Likes

Could that be a long Covid issue maybe?

3 Likes

A recent COVID test was negative, and I’ve never had any of the symptoms in the last 2½ years. I think benign things showing on CT are not uncommon.

6 Likes

While I was washing my dishes last night, my eyes idly settled upon my transparent rice canister. I detected movement.

4 Likes

It helps if you can keep the rice in the freezer.

1 Like

Did you determine what it was?

1 Like

Well, they’d still be there in some kind of larval state.

No. They were moving. That was enough information.

4 Likes

Good point!

1 Like

Dropped my iPhone in the toilet.

Fortunately I’d already flushed it.

It’s sitting in an airtight can with Drierite at the bottom.

6 Likes

Last Saturday, 7/23, I submitted a State Emergency Request to MI-DHHS to prevent shutoff of both my electric and natural gas services (7/29 and 8/2, respectively). Consumers Energy, the natural gas provider, received it and shutoff’s been delayed until 8/22/22.

DTE Energy, the electric company, has not. Calling my caseworker at MI-DHHS didn’t help; just got voicemail, and her OGM told me to press zero if I needed to speak to someone immediately. But that just took me to…another recorded message. DTE wants $244.32.

SIGH.

4 Likes

Phone went “ping” as I walked by – text message. Seems to work, though I’m not going to charge it for a few days.

Whew.

5 Likes

UPDATE:
An angel friend on Facebook Paypal’d the money to my son’s account, which he in turn transferred to his bank, after which I paid off the amount needed to prevent shut-off for another month.

I mean, who NEEDS extreme sports to get one’s nervous system all EEEEEEEEEEEEE?

5 Likes

Sewer backed up today. At least it wasn’t due to my cell phone.

4 Likes