Fuck Today, Reboot Edition

FWP

Lost the lens cap on my medium format camera somewhere in Seoul. Immediately follow that up by opening the back and exposing the film in my other camera.

I’m going to travel with only digital from now on.

5 Likes

7 Likes

Put my cat to sleep today.

I think the day went as well as possible for him, but having my daughter Facetime with him and tell him about all the special things they did together just about took me apart. I have a great kid.

Fortunately, he got the vet who had taken the most care of him and reversed his diabetes. I’m really glad it was her who eased his way out.

RIP Mason.

25 Likes

I am so sorry. It’s never easy to say goodbye to a beloved furbaby.

9 Likes

I’m so sorry. That always sucks.

And he looks like my cat who had to be put to sleep a few years ago. :frowning:

7 Likes

:blue_heart:
I’m so sorry.

9 Likes

:sob:

6 Likes

Strange anxiety dreams about flying woke me up and largely kept me up until the dawn. I’m not boarding a plane for months.

8 Likes

and I bought brand new sheets and comforter…and I had it on my bed one day…and my cat threw up all over the comforter and it soaked through to the sheets…and I washed the comforter but it didn’t get it all off (sheets seem ok) so now I have to pay to have a professional cleaners do it. Did I mention I bought this Sunday?

13 Likes

Helped me learn who I wanted to work for.

I’ve taken time off to care for family. I’ve moved to do so. I’ve put career on hold.

And what I got in return was guff (from family members who never showed up to help, just to ‘direct’) and a big hole in my resumé. The time the ‘directors’ took off from work was apparently “more valuable” than the 60+ hours I was putting in unpaid.

But what I learned was immeasurably more useful. Those family members aren’t people I will lift even a finger for (even to dial), and bosses who judge you for taking time out for family will judge you for taking time out for family. Friends who question your choices aggressively or judge you for not working in a way they recognize towards ends they would value, those are not friends.

Several years on I have a smaller family, a much better job, and I know who my friends are.

I would never have done it any other way, and the struggle led to many many FUCK TODAYs but in the end - you know if it’s what you have to do. I got to hold both my parents hands as the left this world. I know they were glad I was there.

12 Likes

I learned today a friend succumbed to her cancer. That’s sad in itself. I shopped for groceries and bought some chips to enjoy later with reading but my kid ate them. So I told him, while the cat was on my lap, to go make brownies from the box of Ghirardelli mix, the one with three steps on the back. He doesn’t read directions and messes it up. Now all he wants to do is hurt himself. Some comfort I have this evening. I could have had some Kentucky Bourbon but he had to handle it and hover and make jokes about how “we” were going to enjoy the bourbon so it wasn’t placed in my shopping cart.

15 Likes

WHEN DID A HURRICANE SUDDENLY APPEAR?

Christ, I might be stuck on this business trip through the weekend…

6 Likes

9 Likes

FWP:

My students have no appreciation for Stankonia

11 Likes

My husband is out of town during my ovulation. I’ve never defined myself by having children, but I’ve also never felt empty like this, watching another one tick by. Maybe I should order pizza?

10 Likes

Why I say, “Fuck today!”:

A co-worker who is a self-admitted painkiller addict allegedly in recovery (but act like they’re on meth) and who’s revealed that their driver’s license has been suspended and who sees not one but two probation officers…when this co-worker reminds me to do something I do every day I go to work.

Also: Co-workers who ask questions when I’m up on a ladder. Customers can be forgiven for this trespass, albeit sometimes begrudgingly, but co-workers should know better.

The lack of eligible and suitable people for me to meet, or at least my ignorance where said people hang out.

13 Likes

I’m actually shaken by this.

I was officially too old (by a few months) for them to help by the time I found out about Mermaids, but they directed me in the right direction for support anyway.

14 Likes

You can wear this shirt

8 Likes

Nothing like waking up to a nice shiny Cease & Desist in your inbox, threatening hundreds of thousands of dollars in damages for something a client assured you was legally covered! Lordy, this will be fun.

10 Likes

Shit. I hope they assured you in writing.

Take care.

3 Likes