Fuck Today, Reboot Edition

It did yesterday. The manager had to come by and take the core of the deadbolt to fix it. It’s finally working and I can get into my office without having to borrow the master from the office manager! YAY!

8 Likes

I’m so sorry.

6 Likes

Oh shit. I wish there was something I could say or do to make it better, or even that I knew what to say in situations like this. I just hope everybody is okay… of course they’re not, but I hope for the best.

6 Likes

It’s been well over a decade since I’ve hated my ESL job but this every two week job has succeeded in making me want to leave Korea even sooner.

13 Likes

So I’m currently on holiday. Today the plan was to go whale watching. Due to a combination of misreading the conformation form and underestimating the traffic I missed that. So I decided to go for a drive instead.that went well until I released I hadn’t thought about the time to drive back. So turn around start back with it getting dark around me. Get tired so I pull over into a rest spot. Can’t really get comfortable so give up decide to start driving again. Only problem is I can’t see where the edge of the road is so now it’s 22:37 and I’m sat waiting for the hire company to find a tow truck company so I can go the remaining 350 odd km back to the hotel.
Eta tow truck due in 3 hours.

12 Likes

Dear Clients

I get that you can’t always predict your business and need to hedge your bets. But when you need to submit 30 iterations of something that are due tomorrow, make sure you’re not sending twenty identical copies when they need to be different. I do not appreciate having to spend four hours of overtime sorting through all the files (that all have the same name) just to discover that none of them are the ones you said they were. Especially when you are the ones who need them by the short deadline.

When you’re less organised than the girl with the attention deficit, you’ve got a fucking problem.

No love,
Me.

13 Likes

Just got back to the hotel now. Back aches tired. Local time 07:27. On the plus side got some nice pictures on the outward journey.

15 Likes

Whoa! Where ARE you?

4 Likes

Iceland.

10 Likes

You were driving alone at night in Iceland? Yikes!

7 Likes

Day then night then wait to get towed then night then day.
Funnily enough I don’t want to get back in the car today.

11 Likes

Am on holiday alone in iceland.

7 Likes

I woke up today to text messages questioning two charges on my Bank of America credit card. So, I called the phone number on the back of my card to see if they were valid…

Yup, somebody got my card number.

Fortunately, they’ve got a really good fraud protection program and I won’t be liable for the bad charges. Though they also can’t say how whoever it was got my credit card number in the first place.
:rage:

17 Likes

You got the right idea. If anything things are worse over there. I’m getting tired of arguing.

10 Likes

I’m glad it wasn’t worse. It seems to be happening more frequently, and it’s so frustrating to change everything that gets taken out automatically, like electricity bills and so on. I always forget to change at least one thing, and then get an email saying “We are unable make your scheduled payment.” We keep a backup card that is never used on line (and actually never used much at all). Fortunately that one doesn’t have a yearly fee!

9 Likes

And fuck the other site. I’m done with it. Too much useless arguing. Stepped in the Heinlein comments by mistake, and my shoes still stink.

15 Likes

Imagine being kidnapped by aliens who want to include you in their zoo. However they have no concept of flavor and so you explain how tea is supposed to taste. They try their best but it’s like humans trying to conceptualize how time smells.

I bought the results of this tea today and tossed it after two sips.

12 Likes
9 Likes

giphy (26)

7 Likes

The best public bathroom I’d ever seen was in Stockholm, in a building where I was attending a meeting. There was one large room with sinks, and a row of single occupant, totally-enclosed closets with the toilets. They were small but the doors and walls were like what you’d expect bathrooms in houses. But, of course, in the US that’s unthinkable. We have these conservative dudes thinking "But someone might have sex in there!!! Maybe two men and they might be doing all sorts of . . . " (then obsesses about weird kinky sex he’s afraid he might like).

Oh and they’re cheaper, I guess.

But I can really sympathize with your incident you had, a month ago. Bathroom embarrassment and me go back a long way, due to IBD. Thankfully it’s better now.

8 Likes