Fuck Today, Reboot Edition

I am so sorry you went through years of hell because lies were told about you. (I am all too keenly aware of what that feels like.)

I’m not saying it should be a Kumbaya moment, but at least allow yourself to appreciate the fact that someone felt it was important to come back years later and apologize to you. That very rarely happens in life.

4 Likes

If only it were that way. He did come sorta clean, he did not apologize. He sought an apology from me and asked me to “please not stop being his friend” after explaining to me that my non-violent responses to the crazies was wrong and I should be violent with them.

I agreed in order to extricate myself from that particular conversation, and have ghosted him. Knew the guy for 25 years. I feel a lot better after having done so.

I also feel like I’ve lost a lot of friends over a bunch of crap with someone who I met when I was 13 and who for 30 years has poisoned every relationship of mine that person could get themselves involved with. Broken people, I have compassion, I can walk away - but I’m not allowed to walk away - but I walk away anyhow.

Single White Female isn’t a movie I can find much humor in if you know what I am saying. And Flying Monkeys are REAL.

And it really can get to you when some psychopath can’t let you go and degrades your friends in order to degrade you… it can really test ones patience. On the upside, it can also show JUST HOW PATIENT LOVE IS.

I love these people. From that place I avoid them and refuse to make anything worse, or better, but not worse. Any action is set up to make it all worse, so no action is the only course. And that is hard, but I am strong.

8 Likes

How big was this stick? I need to know (paranoia) if I need to fit my bicycle with the equivalent of a prop weed cutter.

3 Likes

Well then, good riddance to bad rubbish. Geez.

5 Likes

Somewhere in the neighborhood of 10 - 20mm.

While I should have stopped and exchanged information with the stick, honestly he looked like the kind of branch that would carry insurance. 18 days and my right wrist still has a twinge to it.

8 Likes

Right?!?!?

Yow!!

5 Likes

See could be worse.

8 Likes

Power outage city wide due to extreme winds, reaching up to 110 km/hr. Basically, hurricane winds on the prairie.

8 Likes

First Ireland, now the prarie?!? The new weather hates lil’ houses!!

Jokes aside, stay safe

3 Likes

https://www.kshs.org/kansapedia/wind-wagons/12239

6 Likes

A few months ago I noticed a tile had moved on the garage roof.
The upshot of getting a roofer in was that the entire top of the roof had to be relaid with new, much stronger mortar, which was a bit expensive and mildly annoying.
I’m now grateful to that tile for giving me early warning, because a garage full of tiles on top of the cars would have been very annoying indeed.

11 Likes

you jest, but ive had a splinter in my hand for six years now. :crying_cat_face:

i got part of it out last year. now the rest sticks out in a lump that likes to get caught on things. :\

on the bright side, i got health insurance a few weeks ago. so i guess i can finally go see a doctor.

8 Likes

Because I’m leaving at the end of the month both schools have moved up the date of the open classes (moms are coming to see if their money is being well-spent) from November and December.

Good for the new guy I guess but it means I have to be “on” for the entire day and the quiet time will be minimal. With my back being celery I kind of need those mid-class writing assignments so I can have a seat and let the pain drain from my legs.

7 Likes

YOU jest, but I broke off the point of a sharp pencil in the palm of my hand in 1967 (yup, pretty much exactly 50 years ago) and I can still see it buried under the outer skin layers!

10 Likes

Do you remember :thinking: what you were writing?:memo:

4 Likes

Not a clue!

7 Likes

Then alls fine there’s no lead in this case.

4 Likes

'82 (or so) for me. I do remember how it happened, however.

7 Likes

I (finally) see what you did there.

5 Likes

And I’m following your lede.

8 Likes