Fuck Today, Reboot Edition

I’ve had my deviated septum fixed along with a turbinate reduction. It wasn’t so bad. (I desperately wanted iHOP after the surgery and that was the first stop after leaving the hospital. I got all kinds of weird looks with all the bandages still on my face - but damnit that’s what I really wanted.)

The first day with all the gauze packed in my nose really sucked but after it was removed the next day it was mostly a matter of dealing with bloody noses, a sore throat from the breathing tube they inserted during surgery, and pain management for the following several days.

You’ll do fine, I have no doubt. :slight_smile:

13 Likes

This might be a bit better for me, as the doctor said they pack it with silicon now, instead of gauze… I’m actually dealing with another sinus infection this week, which I’m going to my regular doctor for… I’m hoping dealing with this one will be the last one once the surgery is done. I wish I could get it done now and get it over with, but I don’t know how’d that be possible in the middle of the semester…

And thanks! You guys are making me feel better about it…

18 Likes

I wish I could have had the silicon treatment…

9 Likes

Me for a week or so after surgery:

“Yes, I have a tampon in my nose…”

I should have had that printed on business cards.

13 Likes

14 Likes

Monday actually, when I got a diagnosis of osteoporosis. This adds to all my other medical problems. I was on a bisphosphonate for a number of years for osteopenia, a milder form of the disease, but may have to go on a different drug soon, to prevent further deterioration. And I’m on 12 different drugs for the other things already. :rage:

20 Likes

My better three-quarters’ car had begun to throw check engine codes and misfire a bit. It’s on its third trip to the shop on the same issue, and the latest repairs would cost more than half the value of the car.
So now I’m unexpectedly looking at new cars. And that’s great.

16 Likes

Well things are getting shitty in the health department here.

Group hug!

Everyone gets a hug!!!

16 Likes

I got released from the asthma medication study yesterday, but that’s okay. I still got almost half the compensation for only 5 trips to San Diego, and this also means I’m free to resume my use of Prednisone.

Evidently, I have asthma but I don’t go into distress enough to be viable for the study.

14 Likes

Oh, man. I just got a shot because I ate or used something that had contraindications. Super moon face. I’ll post a picture later. Right now I just need to sleep.

16 Likes

Take it easy! Hope you feel better soon.

9 Likes

Wow. I look soooo different. I wonder if I could beat camera ID’ing this way.

13 Likes

Possibly!

Another drawback of biometrics discovered.

12 Likes

It would take something big to make it worth the trouble, wouldn’t it? You look quite uncomfortable.

9 Likes

Looks like cheek implants. I feel your pain.

7 Likes

It’s strange. Definitely no pain, other than the discomfort of a swollen nose and puffed-up cheeks. I did a sinus lavage to clean the junk out of my nose, but there doesn’t seem to be much issue there aside from the inflammation.

I just wish I could figure out what’s causing it. The only thing I’ve done differently is not walk out of my way to get Mexican cokes instead of the HFCS stuff on Wednesday. I’m still eating the same things, and smoking the same marijuana, eating the same food.

9 Likes

Would going off then back on prednisone have anything to do with it? Prednisone can cause a moon-face effect when you go on it. Happened to me in my teen years (really great time for that). Don’t know about the stuffiness though.

7 Likes

I’ve been on it several times, but never had this effect before. The worst it’s ever been was I was a little cranky for a few days (and I still disagree with that assessment - I was frustrated with things that could’ve and should’ve been different, and it was showing).

The doc and I talked about it, and there’s not much I’ve been doing differently. My face is still puffy, so I’m going back tomorrow.
Two differences I’m aware of. She asked me to take a 50 mg dose once a day. Before, I’d always split it into two doses, and things were fine. Also, I found coconut hiding in my cinnamon rolls from the bakery. I hate coconut, and avoid it when possible, but I don’t know if it would mess with the medication.

8 Likes

Today my hard drive gives a vindication for backing up my files as much as I do, and a punishment for not doing it more. But even if nothing ends up truly lost, it will still be a pain to get a good computer going again. (Right now I am left with a friend’s old laptop that doesn’t quite fit my hands.)

12 Likes

I feel you. I’m in Tijuana trying to re-download my MMORPG on my tablet, paying for 20MB per second, but only getting download speeds of .2MB per second.

11 Likes