Fuck Today, Reboot Edition

Hey, a silver lining from the Prednisone…

My damaged fungus toenail, from 4 years ago hiking across Kansas, Oklahoma, Texas has up and decided to grow a new toenail bed, and is pushing the bad toenail out.

16 Likes

Well, the doc says I shouldn’t have eaten the cinnamon rolls while on the burst stages of Prednisone. Another shot, another tomorrow. No cinnamon.

ETA: Apparently no peanut butter, but had never been an issue before.

9 Likes

If I were you, I’d start checking for other signs that you’ve died and gone to Hell without noticing, because being deprived of cinnamon is quite obviously one such sign.

12 Likes

Now that’s really weird. I would expect prednisone to make it worse.

6 Likes

Nope. Aside from this cinnamon interaction, it’s always treated me very well. Asthma clears up, polyps shrink, sebhorraeic dermatitis (like cradle cap for adults) fades away, mood generally improves.
The toenail bed growth is pretty interesting, though. The first big toenail had fallen off back during the hike in 2014, and the second one just grew back really nasty and crazy like a rhinoceros horn. I only cut it down and didn’t remove it for lack of desire to deal with another doing the same, but this time around, the past week has shown there to be fresh nail growth, at least a 1/4 inch. It’s just pushing the crap nail forward, and I’m cutting it off as it goes.

ETA: I should say fresh pink nail growth, unlike the previous fungus nail.

11 Likes

Hope it continues to!

6 Likes

Endless tone deaf white male privilege at the other place.

15 Likes

Talking about CH in particular, or many posters in general?

8 Likes

Just in general, not just him, but others. Especially in that voting thread.

9 Likes

Fuck today. Not worthdetails, just: Fuck. Today.

16 Likes

Cat is in heat and she is a pain in the ass.

12 Likes

Sorry, that’s no fun. Sounds like somebody needs a kitty hysterectomy. Or not, it’s your call not mine, but I do find it funny that this is the phrase my vet uses. Kitty hysterectomy.

14 Likes

I dropped a bench on my foot in high school and my toenail turned black (from the blood filling up underneath), but a new one grew in underneath and the gross one just went away. It didn’t even fall off or anything, it just kind of vanished somehow. Hope you have similar good luck.

12 Likes

My husband is having precancerous tumors scraped out of his intestine yet again, and doesn’t want me to look at his Bar Results before he has a chance to (they post at 10 - he might still be out).

I feel mocked by the decor in this room.

No exit, indeed.

15 Likes

No tumors, might have celiac, failed the bar.

FUCK today.

19 Likes

This is the fourth big toenail of my life on the left foot. First one was ripped off at the age of 4 or 5 when my foot got caught under one of those wiggle scooters (the ones with a handlebar and skate wheels under a seat) on a steep driveway. Second was damaged like yours, and grew out. The third happened at the age of 46, and I this is in the middle of all my nasal polyp stuff and my body just stopped fighting off things. Prednisone sets things straight, so I’m sure my body’s regenerative functions are working well right now due to the meds.

12 Likes

Relatively minor, but:

My better three-quarters is recovering from gum surgery. It’s about as painful as it sounds.

Meanwhile, I’ve gotten bronchitis (again). I’m on prednisone and albuterol and they both make me feel terrible.

Meanwhile meanwhile, I’ve just started the byzantine to get a cat scan and oral surgeon appointment for my 7 year old who apparently has too many teeth.

It’s all a bit much at the moment, really. We will get through it (because there isn’t really an alternative), but I’m definitely losing sleep over surgery with the little one.

18 Likes

Shithead fratbro’s pretty much guaranteed to be confirmed.

Fuck today: I don’t drink and weed ain’t legal, yet (don’t smoke, either).

Burn it all. Burn it all to the fucking ground.

15 Likes

May Collins and Manchin rot in hell together for eternity.

11 Likes

Lordy, I hope they know what they’re doing these days. They pulled a few of my teeth, and a few years later I finally grew, my bite has never even been mediocre, much less fine.

10 Likes