Fuck Today, Reboot Edition

My cooler full of titty milk blew up after I checked it, but Delta is pretty family friendly and got me a new one with soft, non-explosive sides.

14 Likes

And my infant son is on nebulizer treatments with a mystery illness.

14 Likes

Oh no. I canā€™t ā€˜likeā€™ this. But hereā€™s hoping infundiboylum gets better soon.

9 Likes

Love it!

7 Likes

Can I ask: how do coolers blow up?

3 Likes

If I had to guess: you have the inside pressurized to one bar, the outside pressurized to 0.75 bars, the lid latched and airtight, and walls not designed to withstand a pressure differential.

5 Likes

But why?

3 Likes

Because the cooler was closed and made airtight at sea level, and the airlinerā€™s cabin pressure at cruising altitude is about 3.5 psi lower than that?

I mean, 3.5 psi isnā€™t much (thatā€™s about 5% of what a soda container holds at room temperature), but if the seal on your container isnā€™t meant to withstand any pressure differentialā€¦

7 Likes

Anyway, thatā€™s a hell of a visualā€¦

5 Likes

I read ā€œDeltaā€ as a store where you can buy coolers.

7 Likes

Honestly, I have no idea, so Iā€™m going with this. It didnā€™t even make it on to the plane, @kxkvi! They showed me a picture at the gate of my wrecked cooler. I must have looked like I would cry, because the gate agent promptly told me it had been replaced with a soft-sided cooler.

8 Likes

Ah, maybe a stomped-on incident, but I like physics better too.

6 Likes

Or they pre-emptively detonated it. Given the TSAā€™s previous assertions about the dangers of breast milk.

12 Likes

I canā€™t even fathom the thinking of this.

8 Likes

The gate agent told me the handlers called her in a panic not knowing what the contents were.

8 Likes

Had a long-ass sweaty day in San Diego (theyā€™re always long, it takes 2+ hours to get downtown from central TJ), and the electricity had gone out before I got home. Luckily, the fridge was empty.
After fiddling with the electrical cables, I had some take-out and went to bed with the intention of showering when I woke up.

Surprise, surprise. The water is shut off because theyā€™re replacing sewer lines down the street. Nothing so pleasant as stewing in oneā€™s own juices.

13 Likes

The cheating coward Brian Fucking Kemp. That is full, true name.

And I donā€™t even live there.

13 Likes

Please keep us updated. I hope he recovers quickly.

11 Likes

Thanks! I actually had to nebulize him this morning - my husband had done yesterdayā€™s. It was really awful. I didnā€™t know how awful it would be. But heā€™s in good spirits and seems to be on the mend. Feeding well.

Planning to have the talk this AM with my students about what specific help I can offer if they need to stay home for health reasons. I donā€™t want anyone else to have to put their baby or spouse or self on one of these machines.

14 Likes

The latest update borked my phone. I own a very expensive brick.

16 Likes