Fuck Today, Reboot Edition

@nimelennar was right. It was a pressure differential.

5 Likes

Called into work with a migraine. Got up after some sleep to see if maybe I was better to go in, and now my wallet is missing. I am tearing the place apart, but no luck.

I know it came in with me last night. There are a limited number of places I could have put it, and it’s not in any of them. I don’t think I accidentally threw it in the garbage, last night, but that’s been picked up and is gone.

Not just fuck today, FML.

14 Likes

That sucks. Wish you the best.

8 Likes

I looked all over the house this morning for my keys. Finally said to hell with it and grabbed a spare car key and I’d ask security to unlock my office.

As I’m backing out the drive, what do I spy dangling from the front door lock?

Stop. Park. Run up to the door. Grab keys. Proceed to work.

14 Likes

Yeah. I know it came in with me, because I have things that were inside it.

But it and my driver’s license, medical card, debit card and credit card are gone.

It’s not small. It shouldn’t just disappear like that.

Which means I may have to call in tomorrow while I replace my driver’s license, and change my bank account.

15 Likes

That really is FML material right there.

10 Likes

Spent a good chunk of the wee hours of the morning trying to fix my imac 5k. Yes, I had a backup (Time Machine). However, the restoration software is buggy, and Apple thinks informative error messages are inelegant.

To restore a copy of macos mojave, you must-- find a copy of the installation software because your recovery parttion is also broken, and internet recovery lets you install sierra.

install mojave from scratch
use the migration tools to copy your time machine backup to this fresh intall.

The straight forward approach-- restore from time machine-- doesn’t work. It might have formatted the disks using the wrong file system.

And-- don’t panic-- as an expensive, out of warranty machine might just take your life down with it.

10 Likes

Last three places I found my wallet after it vanished on me:

• inside the car door (having fallen out of my pocket)
  • in the laundry hamper (having not been removed from my pocket)
  • in my other coat.

Is there any way it could be someplace like that?

Another thing that often helps for me: keep checking the most likely place you thought it would be. Sometimes it appears there after you check it three or four times, even though you know it wasn’t there the last time.

13 Likes

It’s too big to have been in a pocket, and I took stuff out of it last night after I was home. It’s a one bedroom apartment. There aren’t that many places it could be.

I have been checking everything, even from weird angles. Under and behind things in case it fell or was moved (glares at cat).

Nothing, so far.

9 Likes

This happened to me about 3 months ago. Never turned up. And my pocket book was one of those big ones that are meant to fit a check without bending.

So weird. No one ever tried using any of the cards.

11 Likes

Yup. That’s about how big mine is. It shouldn’t be able to just disappear like that.

But it has. I have a feeling tomorrow is going to be rough, but I need to get it sorted tomorrow because Monday is a holiday.

Fortunately, I do not keep my passport and birth certificate in the wallet, so I have those for ID, and my chequebook. Hopefully, Driver Licencing will be reasonable and accept a cheque without a Driver’s license for ID. I have to do that first, because it is within walking distance. My credit union is not.

I really just do not need this shit.

12 Likes

Could it be in your bed? The freezer? A drawer? On a shelf?

When the likely places are covered, you’ve got to consider the possibility that you did something really weird while coming down with a migraine.

9 Likes

my bank card was missing for a week. I replaced it. and then it turned up in my spare purse. (?!?)

¯\(ツ)/¯

11 Likes

IT’S…IT’S

SNOWING…AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH!!!

okay…not a lot…but just enough on the GRASS, mind you, to freak out people driving cars. I’m NOT kidding!

13 Likes

For sure your wallet is someplace stupid, like under a towel or behind the blender - some place you’d never think it’d be. I hope it turns up soon.

11 Likes

Isn’t that standard for the upper midwest?

10 Likes

Not NOW. I mean, further up North, but not here in the SE area of the Mitten.

It’s like, you gotta shovel the leaves with slush on 'em, eh?

9 Likes

Already had to do that. Two weeks ago. In Eastern Ontario. With a massive maple tree looming directly over my driveway.

I’m sorry, but I have very little sympathy. Empathy, yes, but not much sympathy.

9 Likes

Oh, I don’t expect sympathy from a fellow sufferer! But your empathy is much appreciated and shared!

(My ancestors came from that area, I do believe, btw. Like, in the mid-to-late 19th & possibly early-20th centuries.)

10 Likes

Stupid, stupid sinuses… my surgery in december can’t happen soon enough…

13 Likes