Fuck Today, Reboot Edition

Kelly Hicks. I’m on both Google Pay and PayPal. Your choice, just send to the USA account.

The two emails linked are knox672000@ either Gmail or Yahoo.

I’m owed almost $150 for this job I’m finishing up this weekend of a wee little painting. I just need to be healthy and clearheaded enough to finish the work, as well as the 4 I owe to my Elsewhere friends.

11 Likes

This morning…

13 Likes

Not being familiar with the equipment, is that good or bad?

9 Likes

Five years 27 days?

5 Likes

Just the five years, thank you very much.

7 Likes

God that’s awful. Cortisone is such a wonder drug/awful drug. Speaking from experience here.

8 Likes

I tried looking it up, and only found a tweet from one of the local radio stations, but it did not mention a fatality, so maybe the rescue guys had gotten him out and laid him down so they could better work on him? I hope?

8 Likes

Nebulizer, the home edition.

For when it gets serious, and you have to loosen the lungs up quickly to shake loose the crud.

Here’s the rundown. Forgive me, I’m in severe respiratory distress right now since I went outside.

Loratadine/Betametasone oral 5 days
Dextrometorfano/Ambroxol cough syrup 5 days
Amoxicilin oral 10 days
Combivent for the nebulizer 3X/ 3 days
and continue with the prednisone 4 more days

Stay in the house 3 days then go back to see her.

Then, if I can, pack up and head back to the states.

Good news: I don’t have pneumonia.

19 Likes

Good luck. We have to nebulize my son. I hope its as effective for you as it has been for him.

11 Likes

Thanks for educating me!

9 Likes

Oh man, I just did the first run with the new meds, and I’m definitely not struggling as hard as this morning. Not out of the woods yet, though.

And I feel like I’ve done 15 rounds against Muhammad Ali, receiving all body blows.

18 Likes

Did they give your son any alternate meds to help with inflammation or to help him expectorate? I think this is my biggest issue at the moment, the constant feeling of not being able to catch my breath.

9 Likes

They didn’t, and I wish they had. It doesn’t get cold here, but it gets chilly enough at night that he sometimes awakens in a coughing fit. I think everyone in the household has just been reinfecting each other, and the adults had good luck with an OTC expectorant, but there isn’t one on the market here for his age.

10 Likes

It’s probably for the best your son’s not doing it, because whatever it is, I’m coughing up stuff, but also in near constant “asthma attack” -level breathing. I’m thinking it’s the cough syrup/expectorant, not the stuff that goes into the nebulizer.

I just don’t have the cash for the emergency room if something goes bad. I’ve never been in this situation in a foreign country before that wasn’t a European-level socialized country.

9 Likes

Someone asked how things were going, so here’s an update…

It was very difficult yesterday.

Not much sleep or eating, because it was an all-day sensation of an asthma attack. Heart fluttering, shallow breathing, and the sensation that you can’t catch your breath.
ETA: Looking back, I’m going to chalk this sensation up to the progression of the obstruction – not being able to breathe through all the phlegm that was coating my lungs.

The nebulizer treatments are finally productive, and I’m coughing up phlegm during the day now. This kind of sucks, because I can’t lay prone on my back, or similarly on my sides because then the stuff slides up and essentially I’m drowning in phlegm, which my body resists by making me want to sit up again.
So, it’s now very hard to sleep sitting up, and I’m very weak and tired.
I have nobody to help me do anything, so that sucks more.

Breathing is less labored this morning, so I hope by Sunday morning I’ll feel like I’m breathing naturally again, though I know I’ll be very weak.

Going back to bed now.

9 Likes

Progress.

Today, and 2/3 of tomorrow left on the nebulizer and most of the medicines, though the doc will likely tell me to finish the Amoxicilin and perhaps stay on the prednisone for a while.

The coughing sounds horrible, but I’m getting rid of a lot of gunk. I was able to sleep lying down for about 5 hours straight last night. I know I’ve lost some weight, because my jeans are sagging.

I still need some survival money, so I hope I can finish these two little ones to get paid. I fear that my internet may get shut off today. I’m going to see if they might give me an advance prior to finishing.

13 Likes

Fuck today. For no particular reason that I can determine. I have a few candidates for why I might be in a funk, but nothing that should have caused such a steep decline from where I was on Thursday, when I was pretty much okay.

I guess I’m just in a “Fuck today” mood.

16 Likes

Things are better today, and I go to the doctor. Still have phlegm, and can’t lay prone yet.

I have confirmation of money for Wednesday, but I need food by today and likely some medication. If I could borrow a smaller amount around $50 from someone, I can send this back on Wednesday if I don’t receive another payment before then.

11 Likes

Check google pay, don’t send back. Ask again when needed.

12 Likes

Wow, Mark. You are the last person I wanted to bother. Thank you.

I went to the doctor this afternoon, but it appears she got hit with the flu. That’s a bummer, because she’s so selfless and busts her ass for the people (working both the clinic and the hospital 6 days a week).
I’ll check back Wednesday to see if she’s working then. Meanwhile, the other office has evening hours, so I’ll duck my head in to ask if I should keep taking the cough syrup (phlegm has gotten thinner and clearer, which I think is a positive sign).

Picked up some groceries, and got a hell of a workout from it, but I feel much better now that I’m back and was able to expel a lot of gunk as I was walking around.

14 Likes