Fuck Today, Reboot Edition

Yay! I’m glad you’re feeling somewhat better!

13 Likes

In the likely case I won’t be around for a couple of days, wish me luck on the surgery!

18 Likes

Good luck!

Remember, it’s similar to wisdom teeth. You may feel okay when you get out, but you really shouldn’t do anything to pump up your blood pressure for 2 or 3 days afterward.

15 Likes

So definitely no BBSing, then?

16 Likes

With the current state of the world, I recommend staying in sendep for that period.

11 Likes

Good luck @mindysan33!

Stay away from That Other Place?

12 Likes

Spent a freaking 39 minutes on hold waiting for my company’s claims centre to pick up, only to find that my odious predecessor, the unillustrious JF, had managed to shred the wrong revisits for the wrong product. Won’t be able to file a claim until tomorrow. This doesn’t even rank in the top 10 JF screwups.

13 Likes

Just letting you all know I’m out of the danger zone.

Saw the doctor this morning. She advised me to stay home, but said I could take only a direct trip to my mailbox just across the border because it was very necessary.
Still using the nebulizer, but only with saline, continuing the Amoxicillin until it’s gone, and switching to a cough syrup for a dry cough. I check back Monday.

Sweated so hard from only walking, I completely soaked my clothes, but once I got home I felt like it was a worthwhile workout. Still, against doctor recommendation. I can relax now that I know my mailbox is cleaned out.

18 Likes

I washed my cell phone (only internet at my in-laws’ ranch) and overwrote the last data file I need for a project.

17 Likes

I’m largely back to almost normal. Still some pain, and stuffiness, especially on one side of my nose, but I’m healing up and have been able to take it easy.

22 Likes

Crohn’s on Xmas Eve, o joy! :roll_eyes:
Had to bail from lunch out w/visiting friends and relatives due to malaise. Oh well, some time alone, which should alleviate some of the chaos-induced anxiety.

15 Likes

Okay, today I feel great! Never better, and this confuses me.

I’ve spent the past few months feeling like crap, and the pharmacy attached to the doctor’s office I go to has finally started stocking the Mexico version of the GlaxoSmithKline Advair diskus, called Seretide. I guess patents are loosening?
Anyway, here’s the thing. Before, I was having to travel to a different pharmacy to find the Mexico version of Dulera, called Zenhale. Then that became unavailable, but this other pharmacy started supplying Seretide. But during this time, I was not feeling great. I was feeling mediocre at best.
Now, with medicine from my doctor’s connected pharmacy, I feel pretty darn good.

So here’s a hypothetical…( @RatMan, maybe you can answer this one). How likely could I have been taking “compromised” medication? Not expired, just maybe not stored or transported properly away from heat or other harmful effects that would reduce its efficacy, and literally leave me struggling for breath when I thought I was receiving proper medication?
Could reduced efficacy medication been my problem all these months?

16 Likes

Another thought: it could be some inactive ingredient that you’re sensitive/allergic to that could have been causing problems.

13 Likes

I don’t know. It’s the same branding and ingredients as the other pharmacy. GlaxoSmithKkine is the maker, brand is Seretide, and it’s 50/250 Salmeterol/Fluticasone. It is supposed to be the same product, no matter the pharmacy.

10 Likes

Huh? Wha? Christmas morning here and I’m drinking Irish coffee while the tribe goes berserk, so keep that in mind…

I’ve never had or heard of any problems with meds from Mexican pharmacies that weren’t caused by greed or stupidity on the part of the buyer. But it’s been 4+ years since I bought any down there, so the situation may have changed. Mostly they’re the same stuff you get on the US side of the border, just cheaper. With everything being online nowadays, any pharmacy selling bad stuff will get a reputation really quickly, so there’s no percentage in doing that. Many of them, particularly in TJ, rely on cross-border buyers to make their money, and messing that up would be a really bad idea.

That said, if you have something that’s working, stick with it.

By the way, Mark says “hi” and we’re all are glad you’re feeling better!

15 Likes

Yeah, I don’t as much suspect the pharmacies themselves, as maybe the distributors/shippers that bring the product. Maybe it’s worth mentioning to the pharmacy if they might be concerned enough to see if there could be a problem.
Just for reference, these are both big chains in Mexico, centrally located, and not really concerned with border buyers that much.

Either way, my doc & her company are closer to home, so I think I’ll be buying my meds there from now on anyway.

Hi to Mark, too! Glad that ya’ll are getting to connect for the holidays.

10 Likes

Wow, @knoxblox, I’ve been so concerned for you every time I read about this. I really hope you’re on the mend. And Feliz Navidad.

10 Likes

Thanks. Yes, for a couple nights there it really was quite frightening. I’m very convinced that drowning or suffocation is definitely not a way I want to die.

Now that “fresh” medicine is no longer a problem (crossing my fingers), I’m really concerned if perhaps anyone else might be suffering due to the same issue…though citizens here probably don’t experience the same issues of lack of knowledge & understanding of the health care system as I do. Almost three years, and I’m still learning.

10 Likes

For 35 or so years, our neighbour has come over Christmas morning. Just had a phone call. He can’t make it.

And I have a feeling my mother’s computer is borked. Nothing will install, including updates.

18 Likes

Why it’s a bad idea to travel the weekend before Christmas… it took him 48 hours to get to London, where he was supposed to meet us. Normally that’s a simple 10.5 hour flight. He ended up catching us at St Pancras station on our way home and didn’t get to see any of London except from the trains. We came back on the Eurostar together. But now he’s here and is staying until January.

10 Likes