Fuck Today, Reboot Edition

But almost all pants already attack exposed skin, how can even more do that?

2 Likes

Ok, weā€™re going to try turning it off and then back on again.

Iā€™m in the middle of my first of four Rituxan infusions. Itā€™s going to wipe out my immune system for about six months but hopefully once it reboots it will stop attacking my organs.

The good news is that it will probably help my Gravesā€™ as well as the Membranous Nephropathy. Itā€™s been used in a few severe Gravesā€™ cases so we know it can affect those antibodies. Itā€™s becoming a more standard treatment for Membranous because itā€™s a bit safer than Chemo with fewer side effects.

I was scheduled for this a bit back but I started improving for a while. Last test showed a big protien spike in my pee again so itā€™s time for the more serious treatment.

22 Likes

Take care.

10 Likes

Ugh. That sounds nightmarish.

I hope that this treatment works out for you.

10 Likes

Ooooh ick.

Be well.

10 Likes

I hope the infusions donā€™t wipe you out too much. Best of luck!

10 Likes

Good luck.

6 Likes

Wash your hands constantly. Make everyone around you do the same.

Hereā€™s a big hug now, while itā€™s still safe!

((((((nytespryte))))))

14 Likes

Yeah we bought a bunch of little hand sanitizer bottles so I always have one around. I need to balance out the germ killing with the risk of eczema from over washing. Iā€™ve already kicked off a little eczema while ramping up my hand washing.

My partner is going to take over bathroom cleaning duty, and Iā€™m trying to get careful about not touching my face after handling laundry or other possibly germy items before sanitizing my hands.

The hardest thing for me will be avoiding picking at my cuticles and nail beds because Iā€™ve been a life long nail biter. I donā€™t chew on them anymore, not since adolescence, but I still pick at them like crazy. Iā€™m trying to keep clear polish on because it seals them a little and Iā€™ll pick the polish first alot of the time. But when they need actual trimming itā€™s super hard for me to avoid messing up my cuticles. Sometimes I think I managed it but find myself going back and picking at them a half hour after I thought Iā€™d successfully filed them.

My birthday is next month so weā€™re doing something chill at the house. My two favorite birthday things are sushi and dancing but raw meat and sweaty goth clubs are not great ideas right now. We did out 20th anniversary party last weekend before my treatment.

15 Likes

Your brain will register the extreme danger and magically stop you from picking your nails while youā€™re going through the treatment. Itā€™s kind of amazing, actually!

Foam soap might be less drying for your skin than the regular liquid soap. Personally, I find bar soap to be the least drying out of the three options.

8 Likes

I used to be a nail biter and cuticle tearer, until I bought some hangnail clippers. Maybe that could help satisfy the urge but still bring satisfaction, as it did for me?

5 Likes

At least some of the claim is being denied, primarily because the insurance co thinks it knows better than my ENTā€¦

peep-show-hans-bullshit

You tell them, Super Hans!

And I woke up with a migraine (but itā€™s gotten better)ā€¦

11 Likes

Uggh. Sorry to hear that. Is there any way you can appeal?

6 Likes

Yeahā€¦ and so far itā€™s not the whole surgery, just partsā€¦ weā€™ll see if we get more denials. I think we have a few months to appeal.

The whole process is also super-complicated, making me more ragey over it.

12 Likes

So. It seems like a friend has been murdered. Heā€™s the godfather of my godson and a body, yet to be formally identified, has been found in a ā€œsuspicious housefireā€ at his place. The homicide squad is investigating.
And an old friend died by voluntary euthanasia in a Swiss clinic last night. Iā€™m ā€˜gladā€™ he had the choice but very sad he was sick, couldnā€™t do it at home in Australia, had to leave his children behind in Aus while he and his wife went to Switzerland, heartsick that she has to return home alone (albeit accompanied by a friend).

Fuck this, Iā€™m going back to bed. The sooner today is over, the better.

20 Likes

Hugs if you want them.

9 Likes

Iā€™m so sorry for your losses.

10 Likes

What a hard day. I hope you have support.

10 Likes

Thank you @MalevolentPixy, @ChickieD, @chgoliz. All hugs accepted and yes, luckily I have support. Iā€™m going soon to my bestieā€™s (mother of my godson) and while Iā€™m not much of a drinker, I do believe copious amounts are going to be swilled tonight. Almost none of it will be toasts to the dead!

16 Likes

Iā€™m so sorryā€¦

kitty-hugs

8 Likes