Fuck Today, Reboot Edition

Apple seems to have boosted MacOS cursorpower. I’ve been having more trouble seeing the screen in applications like Calibre and Translate which don’t let me disable blinking and don’t work with defaults write -g InsertionPointBlinkPeriod[/On/Off] -float 10000.

P.S. Kovid Goyal has written a commit to fix the problem w/i Calibre! w00t!

3 Likes

Insurance co claiming that they denied the claim because they did not get the information they needed from me, when they very much did in fact get that information. I called them and made sure they had the paperwork that they needed, at least twice.

ouran-HS-host-club-haruhi-mad

15 Likes

My kids started puking their faces off Friday, as did my husband. He then left Saturday to retake the bar exam. They were feeling better, so I sent them to daycare - who sent them home after one had a blowout. So they’re not allowed back Weds. with a doctor’s note. I’m out two days’ work and probably at least 140 in doctor’s visits. While solo parenting. Eh.

18 Likes

Guess who forgot the Canadian RRSP deadline was today until 8pm? This gal!

Thank goodness for on-line banking.

I have to say: in general I’ve been barely keeping it together on the adulting front. Everything seems to hit in the spring – I have to renew my licence plates soon too – and filling out forms is something that drives my anxiety through the roof for some reason.

Fuck bureaucracy. I shouldn’t really complain since so much can be done on-line now, but still.

10 Likes

You’re not alone there, that’s for sure.

8 Likes

This is the first year I have had enough money to pay my car insurance in full for the year and skip the 5% loan.

Maybe next year I will be able to afford an RRSP.

8 Likes

This asshole. Fuck him. I had negotiated to purchase him entire stash of the Tord Boontje Ivy wall decor which I have NEVER in all my years of stalking Tord Boontje products on eBay seen listed. Then the prick does this. But there’s nothing I can do as he didn’t do it through the official eBay mechanism.

7 Likes

What he fucked me on - 5 more sets. But at least I got one set.

10 Likes

Free Floating Anxiety is overwhelming me today.

I can’t pin it on anything, but would love some [redacted] right about now.

15 Likes

I can sympathize.
Watch a funny movie?

6 Likes

Tried, but overwhelming guilt over stuff not getting done just made it worse.

I managed to write out a to do list and will try to check things off of it. That sometimes helps.

7 Likes

I’ve cut myself more than once on ceramic shards. I always have to tell myself, there’s a reason they make knives from it. It may not be as durable as steel but it’s a hell of a lot sharper.

8 Likes

Glass shards are sharper than scalpel blades. May be true for ceramic too.

9 Likes

I bet. I know obsidian sure as hell is - the thing is these type of surfaces don’t dull, bits just shard off creating even sharper edges.

Here’s a random SEM comparison between an obsidian (left) and steel blade:

14 Likes

FWIW, I find the inverse helps me. Make a ‘to-done’ list and list what you’ve done. Can be encouraging because you end up with some stuff there that you wouldn’t have thought to put on your to-do list, but is good to have done anyway. Helps me see what my real priorities are (the things I actually do) vs the clinical idealized priorities of a to-do list. Looking back, can see that I was stressed about the wrong things, but doing the right things.

10 Likes

Scary.

6 Likes

Our 17 year old cat Dyson is getting a bump on his little cheek taken off today. The vet doesn’t yet know if it’s benign or not. Cats tend not to get bumps, and bumps that do appear tend to not be benign. Dogs on the other hand tend to get all sorts of benign skin things.

He has such a gorgeous face; it’s hard to think of him having a scar or anything there.

14 Likes

Dyson came home early this evening and seems to be in good shape. He’s got three stitches on his left cheek, but no cone of shame (thank goodness). He seems to be in good spirits. Petting is acceptable. He even had some fun with a ribbon. Not bad for 17!

Won’t get the results of the biopsy till Friday or Monday. We all got our paws crossed (all 24 of 'em – 4 cats, 2 staff).

13 Likes

Freeman, James or Miles?

6 Likes

Dyson the Cat. Whose picture is above. In the comment you liked.
:grin:
We’re not responsible for taking the other three to the vet.

9 Likes