Fuck Yeah Today!

It looks like the boss got off his ass after having four months notification and is in the process of hiring my replacement for next month.

How they expect him to get his landing visa processed and him flown here within two weeks will be something to watch. I’m fully expecting them to ask me to stay an extra week or maybe two.

3 Likes

Some days are like today in that only the accumulation of microjoys earns it a FYT.

Both buses coming and going stopped for me as I ran for them. Yatta!

I got to read a pristine-condition 1932 first edition of Margaret Sutton’s The Haunted Attic, the second Judy Bolton mystery, in the Special Collections bowel of the local university.

Three penpal letters, including one from a penpal I had in 1990, who discovered me quite by accident (I have a pseudonym) on Twitter!

Finding two fountain pens “lost” under the chesterfield cushions. Very glad as I could have replaced them, being within a short distance of the university bookstore.

Finding a five-dollar bill as I was hunting for a geocache on University property. Yatta!

6 Likes

This has been the best day.

I got a surge of capital from my brother and his wife this morning so I could take care of all the broken/missing little things that have accumulated over time.
I was planning to go into San Diego today for a couple of appliances – a microwave and a rice/food steamer, but decided to check a small store near my apartment first. Score!
What would have cost me $100 US and a lot of hassle carrying, I got brand new for ~$62 only a kilometer from my place. And the exact same brands.

Tomorrow, really am going to SD to get some paint brushes, wood panels, paper, and brush conditioner or shea butter.

I CAN MAKE RICE AND STEAM VEGGIES AGAIN!

I CAN NUKE MY OATS AND BRATS AND POPCORN AND REHEAT MEALS IN SECONDS!

13 Likes

It’s not just the big things that count; it’s all the little ones too. Nice to see that influx.

6 Likes