Game of Thrones, final season discussion ☠ SPOILERS WITHIN ☠

Its really good!
But OMG the accents and how quick they talk make it a “Full attention” show versus a “on in the background while you fart around on your phone” show. We had to stop and restart. LOL

Lots of cute literary throw aways. AND historical accuracy.
They spent a LOT of money on this show!

2 Likes

I look forward to see it, then. I love Sean Beam. He’s a great actor.

1 Like

I’m thinking of Henry Fonda in Once Upon a Time in the West, or Fred MacMurray in The Apartment. Both very effective performances against type.

3 Likes

Agreed.giphy

2 Likes

I think it’s fair to say that Christopher Lloyd doesn’t actually have one specific character type, though;

­

­

­

­

He’s practically a chameleon.

9 Likes

He must be, because my reaction was, “wait, all of those are him???”.

Same thing with Frances McDormand. Just really amazing character acting.

7 Likes

Agreed; they are both ridiculously versatile.

3 Likes

what about iggy?

6 Likes

89f001bf835e01af2bc135052572b9305ca67962

5 Likes

I recently flew Cathay Pacific to Hong Kong. Among other movies, they were offering Three Billboards Outside of Ebbing, Missouri. She’s just amazingly good in that. Woody Harrelson’s performance ain’t too shabby, either.

On the same flight, I saw Ingrid Goes West, which is good too, although it doesn’t prove that Aubrey Plaza has much of a range beyond “angry unhinged young woman”.

3 Likes

Yep.

The pic I found wouldn’t post, and I got distracted by actual work.

3 Likes

great catch! i didn’t realize he played a klingon!

4 Likes

A minor spoiler, as it reveals where they are filming this - but they just wrapped on shooting a battle scene that took 55 nights to film! Epic!

6 Likes

3 Likes

Watch the Sharpe series, it’s a kick-ass Napoleonic war romp and his big break.

4 Likes

Just finished my re-watch, which means I’ve been able to read this thread, finally.

I don’t know. I’d say that the Iron Fleet sinking not one but two of Daenerys’ fleets in the space of about twenty minutes was a bigger one. I mean, ambushing them on the way to Dorne? Totally expected that (and was kind of surprised that it didn’t happen on the way to Dragonstone, but I guess Euron wanted to negotiate payment first). Immediately being in position to sink the other fleet, halfway up the continent, too, with no time to recover from the first battle? Nope.

I read that totally differently.

Cersei played Tyrion. Remember, her betrayal was negotiated as far back as when Euron Greyjoy noped back to his ships.

She knew what Tyrion would do; she purposely signaled to him that she was pregnant, and she got them all to believe that she would keep her word to not take the land Daenerys conquered back… which they wouldn’t have done if she had easily agreed to an armistice.

Of course, it cost her Jaime. But if she was telling the truth about Euron, everything after that had to have been a set-up.

3 Likes

Jon Snow always fucks everything up and is saved at the last minute by SOMEBODY.

Sometimes twice in the same episode.

The only question is who is going to save him each time.

2 Likes

The only question is who is going to save him each time.

That’s the best description of making friends everywhere one goes. I get the appeal of that lyfe, but there’s too many people I don’t want to fake being friends with.

2 Likes

Sort of silly, but I sort of like the idea of a dog army led by Nymeria and Ghost showing up to help fight against the white walkers during the big war…

5 Likes

there’s some interesting points in there (GoT loves being cyclical, it’s true). and we deserve such a thing in the finale!

3 Likes