Game of Thrones, final season discussion ☠ SPOILERS WITHIN ☠

I suspect that is why Arya gave Sansa the dagger.

5 Likes

With zombie dragons flying around and entire religions being annihilated with medieval explosives, the whole Sansa/Arya/Baelish subplot seems really low stakes. Like, no matter what happens it’s hardly worth pointing a camera at. Move on, writers!

5 Likes

Man, everyone has to lay turd on the pile that is this show. It’s like it’s a soap opera or something.

2 Likes

So, it snowed in Kings Landing. Looks like everyone got the expected 6 to 8 inches of Snow, amirite?:wink:

Be sure to tip your server and try the veal, it’s exquisite. I’m here all week.

7 Likes

Ned Stark would be disappointed

Just about everybody made up with an an emy this week, except for Cersei of course, she finally drove Jaime away, good for him. Now she doesn’t have anyone charismatic left on her side.
We’ve finally found out what Brans role is in all of this, he’s Deus Ex Machina personified.

7 Likes

And in THIS week’s episode …

Jon Snow fucks everything up again but is saved at the last minute by

• Tyrion Lannister!

Let’s hear it for the Imp!

Bran is Exposition Boy.

His superpower is telling the audience this one fact that shouldn’t affect the story anyway.

(When it comes to establishing legitimacy for one’s heirs, having a “secret marriage” is really missing the point, not to mention that the last time a Targaryen could expect to ascend by birthright was two revolutions ago.)

8 Likes

So anyone else think that George RR must be a little miffed that it was the show that confirmed the most popular fan theory and not his books? Decades long build up and someone else sneaks the crowning point away.

2 Likes

I still have the theory that he added an extra r to his middle name to measure up to tolkien. Also anyone else think he looks like a tug boat captain?

5 Likes

He should have listened to Paul and Storm

3 Likes

When Daenerys finds out that she has been banging her nephew, and that he has a better claim to the Iron Throne than she does, I have a feeling that it will definitely affect the story. Not to mention the hint that maybe Dani can get pregnant after all, and the rather poor track record of children of incest in Westeros.

4 Likes

That seems like rather a lot to wrap up in one, shortened season, even with the show’s new-found disdain for linear chronology… :thinking:

4 Likes

Lannister kids aside, we should remember that Daenerys herself is the product of incest (her parents, Aerys II and Rhaella, were brother and sister).

6 Likes

Apparently this is a Targaryen thing, so any potential offspring of Jon and Dani would be the result of generations of inbreeding.

6 Likes

Oh yeah. Cue Foxworthy: “If your family tree does not fork, you might be a Targaryen.”

Finding out Jon’s her nephew might just make him more attractive to her. Finding out he’s the Targaryen heir is gonna annoy the hell out of her.

8 Likes

Dany has two parents, two grandparents and two great-grandparents.

And of course her parents are Jon’s paternal grandparents.

Finally, the parents of Ned and Lyanna were second cousins.

4 Likes

I’m wondering if Jon’s parentage will stay an on-screen secret. Everyone’s know waiting for when he & Danaerys find out, but it’d be a bit more subversive from a storytelling POV if the audience knew but they never found out.

Of course, the massive wrench in the succession gears means that it almost certainly won’t go that way.

2 Likes

Well, Bran and Sam know, and Bran at least insists that Jon must be told. I don’t see this staying a secret. I’m inclined to think Sansa and Arya might have occasion to find out before Jon, unless Bran is still with-it enough to treat the information as sensitive.

5 Likes

george-rr-martin-laughs

George just killed your favorite character! :wink:

6 Likes

To be fair, he probably didn’t give that talk/demonstration to the girls. But even then, I still think they followed the spirit of the rule. The family made the decision and the family carried it out.

5 Likes

Good, so he wrote the next book then?