Gun Control

10 Likes

Well, someone had to be the first to say it.

9 Likes

Many people have said it, but the bar to repealing an amendment is very high. Impossibly high, in this case, what with the number of people who fear that this current administration is going to end in armed insurrection. And as the WaPo points out, this is not helping solve the problem, but merely building another wall between the Democrats and the Republicans.

9 Likes

Interesting thought…

5 Likes

16 Likes

12 Likes

22 Likes

Literal fasces.

I’ll just note that I think that solidarity is great, but regimentation (bind the sticks) is what the metaphor is justifying. Take care with that idea.

4 Likes

Though it can be read that way, it doesn’t seem to be the intent of the present-day telling.

A certain Father had a family of Sons, who were forever quarreling among themselves. No words he could say did the least good, so he cast about in his mind for some very striking example that should make them see that discord would lead them to misfortune.

5 Likes
3 Likes

When a DMCA notice isn’t enough.

5 Likes

Female Shooter though, so, “Yea, Diversity?”

(There is no more Too Soon)

5 Likes

yeah, i think it took about 3 minutes before i started seeing comments about how the shooter was breaking the glass ceiling into yet another male-dominated field.

6 Likes

Well, when the tragedy is perpetually ongoing…

10 Likes

Ooh we’re feeling edgy today

I try to control myself outside designated sandboxes like the Apocalypse Watch

Maybe we need more dark humor topics

5 Likes

That was my thinking when I posted. I’m at the point where the only thing left is bitter laughter.

6 Likes

Along the same lines:

7 Likes

Left out of the homicide statistic is that roughly 10% are committed by police and most of the remaining were mass shootings.

It seems to me we have a solvable problem.

5 Likes

You can skip the mourning period in 5 seconds.

4 Likes

Hasn’t it always been a pretty much solvable problem, though? It just seems that America lacks the political will (and is, of course, beholden to the gun lobby) to actually tackle the problem.

5 Likes