Household Questions?

Sure I can, by the expression my face makes when I lick my fingers.

8 Likes

A friend of a friend made pizza with powdered sugar. :pizza:

6 Likes

That might actually work with pineapple. Let me imagine roasted and sugary with monte cristo ham on eggy open-face bread. It would take some refinement, but that is a breakfast platter.

2 Likes

I don’t like pork, and I get migraines from too much fructose, from nitrates, etc.

2 Likes

Instead of flour? How does that work? Flour + water = dough; powdered sugar + water = icing.

5 Likes

i don’t know if i’d even have to taste it – just a scent would clue me in, i’m pretty sure.

4 Likes

My sense of smell isn’t that great.

I’d probably have better luck with texture/fineness. Or, if all else fails, taking a pinch of it and seeing whether water dissolves it or makes it clump together.

4 Likes

It didn’t. The dough (if you can call it that) was extremely sticky, and I doubt it went with tomato sauce.

8 Likes

I doubt it went with tomato sauce.

You mean a thin strawberry glaze? I think it’s been too long since I had a good dessert. This thread’s been bad for that.

5 Likes

I would use the bins for something decorative instead, for all the reasons already listed.

Are they top- or side-opening?

Put a potted plant in each, for example, or office stuff like rubber bands.

2 Likes

Top.

1 Like

How often y’all wash your bedsheets?

• Weekly
  • Biweekly
  • Monthly
  • :slight_smile:

0 voters

2 Likes

Biweekly, but I alternate back and forth between two different sheet sets, so each sheet only gets washed monthly.

5 Likes

It sets off my post-exertional migraines, so not too often.

3 Likes

Perhaps not quite as often as might be ideal, but the laundry person (me) only has so much energy after doing every bit of cleaning for the household. Some people (the dude) are completely oblivious to dirt, filth, and smells of all kinds.

7 Likes

Top would be perfect for plants, real or otherwise.

I wouldn’t put any foodstuff in them, but they’d be fun as storage for just about anything else. Shabby chic, or whatever they’re calling it these days!

7 Likes

i aim for more often, but honestly, once a month is probably the reality.

5 Likes

Platinum-Iridium? Perhaps Rhodium?

3 Likes

I have made muffins with salt instead of sugar. Lesson learned to always label storage jars.

ETA I may have been a wee bit hungover that particular morning and really looking forward to a fresh-baked muffin.

8 Likes

My potato soup last night turned out more like potato concrete. Partially because I tried to double the recipe so we’d have leftovers (think I mis-measured either the milk or water) and also because it was my first time making gluten-free cornbread so I let the soup boil too long initially and then simmer too long at the end while I was trying to figure out the cornbread. And then, because it was so thick, it didn’t even need the cornbread to thicken it. Still tasted good, and the cornbread turned out well, so not a total loss.

8 Likes