Love in the Time of COVID-19

10 Likes

A lesson in how humans undo themselves for the worst reasons

I mean, is there something WRONG with me that I firmly believe that it’s wrong to sacrifice what is best for the most just to save one’s own political skin? Is altruism dead? Am I going mad?

4 Likes

On the bright side:

Update: After the publication of this article, Mary-Jean Harris said she’s 'taking a break from Freedom Princess’ and deleted the Facebook and Instagram pages for the project.

5 Likes

The “freedom fries” for a new generation!

3 Likes

You’re not, no.

5 Likes

And here I thought the major trope in stories about princesses is that they don’t actually have much freedom.

11 Likes

For example:

8 Likes

Since March, an American has started a COVID-related fundraiser on GoFundMe every two minutes.

6 Likes

To help develop the regimen, the actor-turned-peddler of exploding vagina candles consulted with a chiropractor (naturally). The chiropractor, Will Cole, set Paltrow on a part-fasting, part-keto dietary plan that’s somehow “plant-based,” except that it includes “fish and a few other meats.” To complement this “freewheeling” diet, Paltrow also gulps a $102 fist-full of vitamins and supplements, which get washed down with a $60 “detoxifying” powder mixed with water.

I genuinely believe she is a good actor, but I continue to be surprised at how terrible she is at acting like a good person.

8 Likes

She is not acting. Not as a good person (she may think so) or as an actress. The last part is just me.

Since this mentions reopening schools, I decided to put this here.

4 Likes
6 Likes
1 Like

Looks like an aye-aye person.

9 Likes

I’ve been taking D supplements for a about 3 months now. I figure… I get a minimal amount of sunlight anyway (I have the kind of skin that will burn in under 20 minutes) and basically zero in winter during lockdown, so it’s just generally a good idea whether or not it helps with COVID.

St. Louis is still way behind on vaccine supply – the state is distributing more doses to rural areas, maybe because most of the Black people and Democrats live in/near the city… anyway. My wife managed to snag us appointments for tomorrow in St. Robert, a tiny town halfway across the state near an Army base. Which is good, because her library system decided to open to the public again :roll_eyes:

9 Likes
5 Likes
4 Likes

The day before the governor opened the state 100%, news was that Texas is the first state to have EVERY SINGLE variant known so far.

So yeah, like he said, we will have Texas to thank when covid-19 becomes covid-21 2.0 and nothing we’ve done so far will stop it anymore.

10 Likes
7 Likes