Love in the Time of COVID-19

Are the people in other countries as stupid as they are here in the US?

6 Likes

Pulsing ad at the link. I’d posted before, but the site is screwy today.

1 Like

CNN, so autoplay, et al warning.

4 Likes
4 Likes

Are people in other countries human beings?

2 Likes

“Unelected Bureaucrats are making enormously consequential decisions.”
linked article

2 Likes
2 Likes

Kids and I finished our 14 day quarantine with no symptoms. Going to take them out to lick everything tomorrow.

10 Likes

i-can-taste-the-colors

12 Likes

Canadian Elsewherians

Does anyone know what’s going on in Quebec? Is it just more testing than anywhere else, a later move to social distancing, proximity to NY… because cases there have skyrocketed, compared to the steady build in BC and Ontario who has the first recorded cases.

4 Likes

thank you for your service, Alton Brown - his channel is kickin it right now

2 Likes
3 Likes

Yeah, but I think we’ve somehow selected for deluxe stupid here.

ETA I think I’m feeling better. Maybe it was just the flu. Or hypochondria. Or something. Whatever it was it was scary as hell.

5 Likes

Yes, but we might have fewer of them.

6 Likes

“The greatest stupid. The best stupid the world has ever seen. Believe me, people will be tired of all the stupid. And I know stupid.”

8 Likes

Americans are not intrinsically any more or less foolish than anyone else. But practically you can tip the scales some by educating or indoctrinating people. And man, has “don’t ever let anyone tell you they know more than you, especially if they aren’t rich” really been popular.

8 Likes

I saw arguments break out about this in a youtube comment thread earlier in the week… it basically devolved into a bunch of different, somewhat nuanced positions on one side, and another side continuously repeating the exact same sentence about “violating an enumerated right”.

It was tempting to ask where the right for a business to buy or sell arms is enumerated, but I wasn’t gonna get sucked into that black hole of debate…

6 Likes

What I wouldn’t do for a microdose of LSD right now…

7 Likes

Everyone thinks their countries’ stupid is “deluxe”. We need an Olympics…oh wait, Darwin Awards, never mind.

3 Likes
6 Likes