All of us on the day he dies…

adventure-time-finn-happy

4 Likes

And the UK:

4 Likes
2 Likes

Journal of the Corona Year — Unmasked

5/01
Yesterday I started my first trip since the mask mandate was overturned by someone in Florida. As I generally rule of life I try not to be guided by people from Florida. I planned on wearing a mask.

So far in my life I have successfully avoided what are known as “ride-sharing services.” I could not overlook their own exploited drivers, the struggling taxi drivers, and the general behavior of Uber. But perhaps my concerns are of the previous decade. It seems the furor over ride-sharing services has died down and been replaced by an unavoidable inevitability.

The destination of my trip is St Paul Union Depot. Taxi service in that area has progressively gotten worse over the years. And the taxi companies themselves have devolved into a grotesque imitation of ride sharing. So this time I resolved to try Lyft and see what happens. I opted for Lyft, even though the classicist in my wants to correctly pronounce the name “Liooft.”

Because the R train is shut down in my neighborhood this weekend, I decided to use Lyft for the first time to get to Penn Station. This would be a test. I used the “scheduled a ride” feature the night before to see if actually worked. It did.

The driver was wearing a mask and had a plexiglass barrier between us. I’m not sure if the barrier was to protect him against COVID-19 or against poorly behaved passengers. During the 30 minute journey I asked him a few questions about the finer points of using Lyft. Such as, “how do I pay you?” He was very helpful. I gave him a heavy tip.

I asked him if there was any difference between Uber and Lyft. He said he drove for both and they are indistinguishable. But it doesn’t matter to me. I cannot use a company with a name that highlights the Deutschlandlied.

The Moynihan Train Hall is immaculate and now fully open. As I recall there were still parts closed off six months ago. In the station and then on the train, I’m happy to say that most people were wearing masks.

At the end of every conductors’ welcome announcement, they said masks were no longer mandatory but still recommended.

Washington Union Station is still a filthy dump. There is not one working water fountain in the entire place. The layer of dust on the Au Bon Pain canopy is thicker than ever. Many of the boutiques are still closed, some permanently. The Pret a Manger has reopened, but I knew better. I went to Blue Bottle Coffee for a latte and a salted brownie cookie. They were the best things I ate or drank all day.

Sunday morning came while rolling through Ohio and Indiana. I was sitting by myself in the spacious Superliner seats and my ears were getting sore. I took my mask off. I put it on again as soon as we arrived at Chicago.

Most people were wearing masks east of Chicago. Once I got off the train at Union Station masks seemed to disappear instantly.

Chicago Union Station seems more back to normal. Nuts on Clark has reopened. The area around the station still seems as dead as last year, but it was a Sunday. The only open coffee shop was the Starbucks in the station. I ordered a latte. It was made too hot and had sugar added to it. Why?

At St Paul Union Depot I was picked up by my Lyft. The driver was not wearing a mask and there was no barrier between us.

I would estimate 15% of the Twin Cities population are still wearing masks indoors.

2 Likes

Note that the toll is continuing, and the current ruling class strategy is not to stop the deaths, but rather to normalise and obscure them.

So the next million are well on their way. Then the next, and the next…

3 Likes

Just for context there since it’s not mentioned in the article and it’s very easy to misinterpret, those numbers quoted for Fauci at the time were a) talking about models covering early 2020 until August 2020, and b) he mentioned in other places that it also depended on widespread mitigation efforts.

At the end of August 2020 total deaths were just short of 200k according to United States COVID - Coronavirus Statistics - Worldometer . Surprisingly accurate at the time, given how the “widespread mitigation efforts” thing kept getting sabotaged.

And then the winter surge happened…

3 Likes

2 Likes

Basketball. A few thousand screaming people in an indoor venue. No masks required, of course.

2 Likes

And if he’s testing positive the morning after, then he was most likely already sick when he attended.

3 Likes

Report from Shanghai:

:thread:

4 Likes

I can’t believe there’s people listening to this jumble of words and thinking “yep, these people know what’s really happening!”

What the heck is “Ebola Staphylococcus” supposed to be? Or “E. Coli Marburg”? And why the heck would the deadly-outbreak-causing nanoparticles contain brewer’s yeast?

8 Likes

Because the cover for the lab is a brewery, natch! And they’re putting said particles in the BEER.

1 Like

In the process of trying to find out what the heck they were talking about, I found out about what seems to be the next new thing in the conspiracy circles.

The FDA was recently ordered to release a bunch of documents pertaining to the Pfizer vaccine as part of a FOIA request, including a report of “Adverse Effects of Special Interest”. Which is a list of any reported medical issue that happened a short time after early people received the vaccine, whether it even makes sense for it to be related or not. For some drugs, these have included things like gunshot wounds.

Naturally, the conspiracy folks have immediately latched onto calling it a “list of side effects of the vaccine” and claiming that the FDA was nefariously trying to hide the information. And that’s where the zombies who will bite people thing comes from: one of the reported issues was 1P36 gene deletion, which would be something that would effect people from birth (or very early in pregnancy, even), and couldn’t possibly be caused by the vaccine because it would be impossible for it to delete that one gene throughout your entire genome…

:man_facepalming:

Potentially, if the report were about a recently newborn whose parent had been vaccinated before or during pregnancy (depending on the parent), it might be related. But…

4 Likes
5 Likes
1 Like

—

Apparently America is going to beat the pandemic. With nightsticks.

4 Likes

4 Likes

2 Likes
7 Likes