My Idiot Family Bought Into Multi-level Marketing

Here in the Catholic Deep South I’ve been encouraging my kid to Sun worship. Other folks never seem to catch on to which Sun…

9 Likes

Fabulous.

9 Likes
8 Likes

Didn’t Noel Coward say that?

4 Likes

“I am God?” or “Fabulous?” Either way I have no idea. :crazy_face:

Noel Coward = Christmas phobia.

5 Likes

Right after I hit the reply button, I thought, “Oh wait, they might want to know which phrase I was referencing.”, but I didn’t feel like going back and editing my comment. Then I realized: It could be both, so yeah, why not?

7 Likes

6 Likes

I’d just like to see their reactions to something like “Hmm… I’m pretty busy, but I do try to be helpful to those in need. The gods and demons that I usually advise are a bit different, but bring your god on over and I’ll see if I can help him out. Even a god like that deserves to be treated with some respect. It’s just the humane thing to do for the poor guy.”

10 Likes

“God is already here; He is everywhere.”

“Okay, the first thing we have to cover in this kind of therapeutic relationship is boundaries.”

11 Likes

I can’t tell if the replies are real

5 Likes

The list of rich people who publicly come across as completely batshit is distressingly long these days.

11 Likes

I missed out. Appears to be blocked or deleted now. Not entirely unexpected. That guy’s wacky and has made some enemies.

Oh McAfee has been batshit wacky for a long time, it’s part of his charm. Check out his video about How to Uninstall McAfee Antivirus - it might be one of the best things on the internet!

11 Likes

Ugh. Had some woman tried to pitch me on “the nutrition.” Some magic protein shake. Because she saw I’m a yoga teacher so naturally would be no idea of how to make money and would need some scammy scheme to get by. Ugh.

13 Likes

The nutrition?” Oh, that sounds good.

Speaking of scammy schemes (nice alliteration there!), we just got a junk call that the Caller ID said “SPAM? RNC.” Yeah, like I’d really want to talk to them, whether it was real or not.

8 Likes

“SPAM?”

do you subscribe to a call blocking service?

I lost my cool and the spammer said “you will now get five calls a day, every day.” That day, I activated one of those blocking services (nomorobo), and the calls have pretty much stopped.

7 Likes

This got through NoMoRoBo. We get the single ring indicating that the service has blocked a call, but many get through anyway. :rage:

5 Likes

Just in case there’s anyone who hasn’t already seen this…

6 Likes

That is so disturbing. Anyone who tries to penetrate an animal of any sort is … I cannot comprehend the ego you must be lost in to impose that on a creature who cannot understand what is happening, has no capacity to consent.

6 Likes

Going by what I’ve heard about dolphins in similar situations, cetaceans understand just fine – but they’re not gonna consent. It’s a good way to get seriously injured or killed, and yeah, doesn’t do much for cetacean/human diplomatic relations.

If someone goes to all that bother to try to rape a creature bigger, stronger, and nearly as smart as them, it’s not a far leap to guess what they do to humans.

6 Likes

Sure it’s not a joke?

5 Likes