Our ex-so-called president

"Wait, you’re France?? I thought you were my daughter! What’s her name again…? No, not that one; the one I don’t want to have sex with…

…Wait, are you my grandson?"

3 Likes

The US is nominally backing the Shia rebels, Putin is backing Assad, the Saudis are backing Daesh. Nobody is really at war with anyone; the Russians are assisting Assad with a police action, and the US is providing “advisors” to the Shia.

Meanwhile, Trump and Putin are busy working out a military cooperation agreement. I’d be entirely unsurprised to see either Trump shifting the US to supporting Assad or Putin knocking Assad off and replacing him with a puppet ruler.

4 Likes

Killing your relatives is OK because it’s your (royal) family the aristocracy is opposed to. But under the English system the armies were raised by the aristocrats - and this system has relics to almost the present day. As a result of this feudal system, if the aristocracy holds firm they can hold off the monarch.
QE1 controlled the Navy - such as it was - and did so via commoners who owed their allegiance to her, like Drake. Even so she had to rely on the aristocracy to produce ships, and these might be diverted, even in a battle, to a bit of rape and pillage.
But she could only execute or imprison an aristocrat with the consent of others. Hence the need to divide and rule.

2 Likes

And the US supplies the Saudis with aircraft and weapons, some of which are partially manufactured in and exported back to Israel.

4 Likes

It would be interesting to see who were the terrorists and who were the freedom fighters if those weapons started being used against the US mainland. Weapons for Saudi are a double edged sword, as it were.

3 Likes
5 Likes

Yes, plus another couple hundred other people for being involved in one or another of the numerous plots to overthrow her. But her emails!

8 Likes
7 Likes

Interesting article.

Remind me again how/why this person was elected?

5 Likes

http://i.imgur.com/O0UjOJZ_d.webp?maxwidth=640&shape=th

1 Like

7 Likes

He lost by 3 million votes! And it drives him crazy! Please, send him a tweet and remind him!

14 Likes

And it doesn’t seem to matter to his supporters how moronic he is.
http://www.vanityfair.com/news/2017/07/trump-transparent-border-wall-falling-drugs-mexico

8 Likes

Or how…how…sorry, I can’t find the words for this one:
https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2017/7/14/15973464/white-house-election-integrity-doxx

8 Likes

Do you not have any data protection laws?

2 Likes

Do you think they might even matter to the current Administration?

10 Likes

We even have an Emoluments Clause.

10 Likes

But alas, there ain’t no sanity clause.

I know. I’ll see myself out…

12 Likes

Come now, what laws have you so far seen applied to Trump and/or the Trump Administration? We have regulations and laws against perjury, against making false statements on the form that must be filled out to get a security clearance, against violating that security clearance once granted, laws requiring employees get paid, laws against fraud, laws against workplace sexual misconduct, the list goes on and on!

I see from your profile you hail from a country which has had its fair share of the wealthy and/or well-connected openly flaunting laws that would land a common person in serious legal trouble, even prison! You must know how it is.

4 Likes

It’s rare I feel sorry for anyone at Faux News, but Shep Smith looks so lost:

6 Likes