Our ex-so-called president

5 Likes

. . . . buh . . . buh . . . librul media etc.

2 Likes

“I knew it was gonna be a hostile audience when I went,” Wilson told local media. “I just thought, ‘I’m gonna go in and tell them how I think, and they can throw rocks or bananas or whatever, I don’t care.’”

2 Likes
1 Like

As seen in the Colorado State Capitol Hall of Presidential Portraits:

11 Likes

an excellent quote from “Tinker, Taylor, Soldier, Spy” and also Homeland Season 6 finale

1 Like

So Giuliani is comparing Cohen to Brutus. Does he mean the Brutus who helped overthrow Tarquinius Superbus and overthrow the old monarchy? Or the one who helped kill Caesar to try to stop the new monarchy?

Link:

7 Likes

My guess is Marcus Junius Brutus the Younger; that’s the only Brutus people usually know of (including, amusingly, the one that Britain is supposedly named after).

Although I can’t imagine why anyone would equate Cohen with the former friend and confidant of a populist authoritarian who blatantly disregarded the constitution of an established republic in favour of giving himself more power. After all, Brutus betrayed Caesar as a matter of principle, not personal expediency.

8 Likes

I’ll take: Trump Nominees Who Are Actively Hostile to the Department They Are Being Appointed to Run for $1000, Alex.

8 Likes

I wish appointees to ICE were as hostile to the department…

2 Likes

They’re hostile to Immigration and Customs; isn’t 2/3 enough?

5 Likes

https://www.washingtonpost.com/business/economy/trump-administration-considers-tax-cut-for-the-wealthy/2018/07/30/1dbaafbc-9442-11e8-810c-5fa705927d54_story.html?noredirect=on&utm_term=.5187e520f203

3 Likes

6 Likes

And, those darn “activist judges”…

9 Likes

Not just on Twitter.

Beware anyone who says “it’s over”. Even if Muller lays charges against the entire administration, it won’t be over. Even if the blue wave manifests in November, it won’t be over. The fight is ongoing. That Overton window won’t haul itself leftward.

And do you really think any of those guys will quietly take the L?

14 Likes

No. Republicans never use public transportation.

8 Likes
4 Likes

Not Trump, but Manafort, so close enough.

11 Likes

3 Likes

I know I really shouldn’t retweet this account, but…