Our ex-so-called president

Vicente Fox is at it again, bless him.

Edit: It’s a couple of months old, I now see, but, Hell… I saw the first one, I didn’t see this. :wink:

12 Likes

I cannot believe he did this. This is so amazing.

6 Likes

It’s amazing what you can say when you are out of office. Your word isn’t “official” anymore, so you can lambaste someone like Trump, and he can’t complain that the Mexican government is out of line.

5 Likes

I wonder if Fox (ooh, just realised the juxtaposition) has any interest in becoming North American political pundit full time. His former position in Mexican politics must give him some insights into enduring going on from the Central American countries to Canada. I’d be interested in what he has to say on a variety of topics, and it would be great to hear more of what it’s like to border the US but not have a primary language in common.

4 Likes

I know patience is not your stong suit, so I looked up some tips in a book about toddlers.

This is some weapons-grade shade being thrown here!

8 Likes

I was just thinking how sad it is that we have a president that any foreign official would treat with so much contempt and dismissal. I think he’s hilarious but cannot imagine another president being shown such disrespect.

7 Likes

Dubya came close.

3 Likes

Dubya did get reprimanded by the Prime Minister of Japan at one point, but it was done so diplomatically it went by a lot of people (and possibly Dubya as well).

Other leaders did try to be patient with Trump, they really did. I thought Merkel deserved a Nobel Prize for Patience after her White House visit. The backlash didn’t start right away, but it did start quickly. The public analysis of how Trudeau escaped Trump’s handshake is astonishing. It’s just a given Canadian PMs let US presidents take the lead during in-person visits (and then the US pres is supposed to be gracious and let them get a few words in… which circles back to Trump’s lack of graciousness).

I think now a lot of people are at the point of, “Oh, so you claim you are a plain speaker who says what he thinks? Fine. We can do that too.”

16 Likes

Some of my best friends were trans sex workers. I don’t think they would be looking for a peeing-on-video gig, they were more interested in finding sugar daddy arrangements*. They could attack each other quite harshly with anonymous pastebins, however – maybe that would work on Trump.

* closest ones are thriving on better work these days, others have faded out of my life

4 Likes

Vicente Fox yet again. He’s fucking brilliant!

9 Likes

Mr. Gardner said he did not necessarily favor imposing new qualifications for registering and voting, but he added that when burdens like poll taxes and literacy tests were imposed on citizens and registering often required a trip to the local courthouse, voter turnout was far higher than it is now.

And turnout of all the right people too, I’m sure.

8 Likes

Suggestion: give Vicente Fox a show on the CBC. If he wasn’t doing this for real, This Hour Has 22 Minutes would have to invent it.

How do we pitch this? Is there a way to keep it Vicente Fox but up the Cancon factor to make CBCers happy? Could we perhaps persuade Mr. Fox to use a moose instead of a goat for a more bilateral image?

3 Likes

No CanCon there, but we can push it as good bilateral relations with Mexico. :wink:

1 Like

5 Likes

Just to end the day on a (more goofy)/(more wtf) note:

First issue: that in 2017, this kind of tabloid conspiracy insanity actually has a place in a serious journalistic piece.

Second issue: this entire frickin’ portion, courtesy of Alex Jones:

“Pedophilia does not stop with sodomizing children,” Steele said. “It goes straight into terrorizing them to adrenalize their blood and then murdering them. It also includes murdering them so that they can have their bone marrow harvested as well as body parts.”
“This is the original growth hormone,” Jones said.
“Yes, it’s an anti-aging thing,” Steele replied.

8 Likes

Does no one remember Bug Jack Barron? Norman, I miss you, you were the prognisticator projectionist of the alt-right.

2 Likes

Here’s where I regret my sad sack Nokia 2720 camera.

Taken at The Works on Bank Street near Flora, two blocks south of McLeod, 1 July 2017, with an all-Canadian, all-rock soundtrack:

TRUMP BURGER: We’re making burgers great again. White buns stuffed with bologna topped with a Trump Tower of O-rings. Served with a wall of fries. Les Canadians will stay north of that wall. The cost? A “small loan” should do it.”

Seriously, no price on the burger. I’m sure the War Pig burger placement atop the Trump Burger is snerk purely coincidental.

5 Likes

Just south of the Queensway, on Bank between Chamberlain and Rosebery, on the northern edge of the Glebe.

I went out with my brother for a birthday dinner to The Works on St-Laurent across from Beechwood Cemetery on Saturday. This is ironic because I live in the Glebe, but there was a Redblacks game on in Lansdowne, and there was nary a parking spot to be found in the Glebe (for my brother’s car). It was a little screwy, because we tried The Works on Richmond Rd. and a large Chinese/Canadian buffet place (can’t remember the name) in Gatineau first - big lineups in both cases.

Didn’t notice the Trump Burger in the St. Laurent menu, but that’s not surprising - the menu’s font size completely defeated my rather elderly eyes.

5 Likes

Always make sure at least one person in your party remembers their reading glasses, and then share them.

Most recent example of that in my life? Last night at dinner. Trying to think of the last time I was at a restaurant with anyone around my age and someone didn’t borrow reading glasses for the menu. Nope, can’t remember back that far!

3 Likes

Well, my brother had his bifocals, but, for me, they were worse than no glasses at all. <sigh>

4 Likes