Our Felonious Ex-President

Didn’t we have that with Reagan? Wasn’t he supposed to be unable to tell Iran from Iraq? Trump at least seems to know which one is Iran, the problem is that he thinks he can tell Saudi Arabia from a load of repressive, regressive head-chopping terrorism-spreading Muslim schismatics, whereas the rest of the world looks from one to the other and has trouble telling the difference (except oil).

6 Likes

I didn’t write the headline. I think the reports on this are inflammatory. However, he has several senior moments that I find unsettling. It’s hard to say how much this is happening and his often he has more clarity.

7 Likes

[quote=“gadgetgirl, post:84, topic:499”]
There’s also a third option: that he’s cracking up but it’s not dementia.
[/quote]This is my basic, uneducated opinion. He’s cracking under the incredible pressure, bad ratings, etc. and he’s only “alive” at his continued campaigning and rallies.

11 Likes

And, he should have been able to figure out that it would be like this, but he was high on his own boner the whole campaign.

10 Likes

You think he’s aware of this?

My guess is he’s trying to figure out why he doesn’t get appearance fees any more.

10 Likes

Maybe it’s syphilis-related, or plain ol’ rabies. Old Yellerish-Red

6 Likes

I thought it might be syphilis for a while, but it probably isn’t.

2 Likes

I am ever so slightly worried that a 25th amendment solution might be used to let the Republicans off the hook to the extent possible under the circumstances.

Imagine touching pictures of Ivanka and a drugged-up Trump feeding ducks in the park of the world’s tackiest sanatorium. President Pence laments all the horrible people who gave this great American who desperately tried to keep it together and serve his country such a hard time that he broke down under the pressure. But it is time for America to heel heal, so he is willing to forgive the haters and move on. No inconvenient lessons will have to be learned that day.

14 Likes

Typo for heal? Freudian slip? Or is that exactly what you meant to type?

8 Likes

America turned heel long ago

14 Likes

Now I wish it wasn’t a typo.

11 Likes

It’s still great :smile:

And, a far cry from my worst typo. No one is named Shitney. :blush:

7 Likes

My phone accidentally called Whitney whiney, but she deserved it.

5 Likes

There’s plenty of non-Alzheimers dementia to choose from. Has his bloodwork included a biopsy for BSE or similar? If ever a cannibal walked among us, that dipshit is entitled enough to have tried it. Minus the Chianti.

9 Likes

Just a thought—if the only way to peacefully diffuse the North Korea crisis is for China to finally cut NK loose, and the only way to convince China to do that is to make it seem likely that the US will otherwise spend millions of lives to resolve it by force, then in this particular instance it actually plays in our favor to have a president who’s batshit insane.

3 Likes

That is a very optimistic thought. I guess it is possible, do we really deserve for everything to work out for the best, by going the route of fucking up as bigly as possible?

I have a tendency toward catastrophic thinking (yay anxiety and depression) but I am quickly approaching nihilism and wanting to burn it all down. Perhaps it’s time to go pet a cat and stop thinking about the orange asshole.

13 Likes

It is. He doesn’t matter as much as we let ourselves think he does.

8 Likes

19 Likes

Rumor has it that he’s going to France for Bastille Day (weekend after next.) That’s really going to fuck up my TdF stage chasing. Can’t you just keep him home? We really don’t want him in Europe.

8 Likes

Trump would accuse you of letting-down Western (i.e. white) civilization.

8 Likes