Our ex-so-called president

That is a very optimistic thought. I guess it is possible, do we really deserve for everything to work out for the best, by going the route of fucking up as bigly as possible?

I have a tendency toward catastrophic thinking (yay anxiety and depression) but I am quickly approaching nihilism and wanting to burn it all down. Perhaps it’s time to go pet a cat and stop thinking about the orange asshole.

13 Likes

It is. He doesn’t matter as much as we let ourselves think he does.

8 Likes

19 Likes

Rumor has it that he’s going to France for Bastille Day (weekend after next.) That’s really going to fuck up my TdF stage chasing. Can’t you just keep him home? We really don’t want him in Europe.

8 Likes

Trump would accuse you of letting-down Western (i.e. white) civilization.

8 Likes
9 Likes

No, we don’t want him at home. We need a break. Sorry.

11 Likes

It’s true. I feel safer when he isn’t here.

10 Likes

By his definitions and standards, he’d probably be right. Oddly enough, civilization seems to continue to trundle along, and the US continues to exist without my participation and despite Mr Trump. So far, anyway.

7 Likes

Oh this is lovely!

I should probably stop reading the WaPo.

[Edit: why did the link not expand?]

2 Likes

WE’RE SORRRY!!! Please…don’t hold it against us! But we don’t want him here, either.

3 Likes

I don’t want to threaten you or anything, but… if you don’t watch out, we’re going to send King Philippe to the US for a state visit! Along with quite possibly the cutest heir apparent on the planet, Princess Elisabeth!

9 Likes

No, let me come over and see them! I’ve not been to the Continent since 1983! And I landed in Belgium, but went off to Hilversum in the nearby Netherlands.

3 Likes

It’s pretty easy to meet them, their Highnesses often wander around with pretty minimal security. We all met Queen Mathilda and Princess Elisabeth at the opening of a language school in Bruges that RatGirl the Elder is going to.

6 Likes

I have lots of admiration for Belgium, due to Albert I.

3 Likes

Si les cerveaux étaient faits de la dynamite, il ne pourrait pas se moucher.

6 Likes

They’ll have trouble explaining it to him. Perhaps they’ll tell him it celebrates the opening of a big hotel.

7 Likes

With a staff for the tumbrills and an official residency of one? Hey, whatever floats their boat; it’s their country I’m sure. Robbespierre was for the common man, too.

1 Like

Whelp, it’s officially the G19 now.

Do you think his plan is to demote us as a nation. Maybe he’s being all cool with Russia because they’re a second world power, and Trump wants that for us instead of the First World thing we’ve been up to the last 80 years or so.

3 Likes

Australian journalist sums everything up in 2 minutes:

14 Likes