Our Felonious Ex-President

12 Likes

Yeah, but if they hadn’t done this, then he might have realized the extent and meaning of what really happened. And, then what? They’re just trying to prevent a preemptive nuclear strike caused by president thin-skin getting laughed at.

I cannot tell if I am sarcastic or serious. I’d take that as a sign that I need to avoid the news for a week or two, but I’m afraid that if I do that, I won’t have any warning that the end is actually fucking happening.

6 Likes

Knowing that the end is happening is only useful if you can do something to prevent it, or at least save yourself from it. It might be better to be taken unawares.

6 Likes

You are probably right. The first indication (given my current geography) will probably be someone being murdered out in the open, by a local militia or klan chapter. I can’t imagine I’d miss that, even if I turn off the internet.

5 Likes

“They weren’t laughing at me, they were laughing with me.”

5 Likes

So is he admitting it was just a joke and not to be taken seriously?

3 Likes

To paraphrase Pee Wee Herman: “He did that on purpose.”

Except we all know he didn’t, because he says it all the time.

5 Likes

https://www.motherjones.com/politics/2018/09/trump-falsely-claims-again-that-he-won-52-percent-of-women-in-2016/

In fact, Trump won 52 percent of white woman voters in 2016 and just 41 percent of all women, according to exit poll data cited by the Washington Post.

This explains so much. So many other of Trump’s claims make sense in this light.

That he won the popular vote? Sure he did, because only white voters’ votes should count.
That his inauguration had more people? Maybe, if you only count white people.
That he had an historic majority in the Electoral College? If POC’s votes were all thrown out, I’m sure that would be true.

In Trump’s world, only white people count, and only their votes count.

12 Likes

That’s the horror of it—this continuing descent into a dystopia of fascist racial purity.

9 Likes

I can’t read the Times article, but here’s a summary:

6 Likes

About those tax returns:

8 Likes

Hmm. But probably too late for criminal prosecution, which is a pity. Remember who finally took down Al Capone. They could hit him in the wallet, though. And if the House ends up Democratic they can have hearings and special prosecutors and all kinds of fun.

6 Likes

Only one thing surprised me in that whole story:

“I built what I built myself,” Mr. Trump has said, a narrative that was long amplified by often-credulous coverage from news organizations, including The Times.

The Times actually admitted to letting itself get hoodwinked?

7 Likes

That is astonishing.

And just plain freaking bizarre. I mean, it’s well known he inherited a lot of money, and it’s been well known for decades. And his subsequent bankruptcies were well publicised.

9 Likes
7 Likes

More likely a scary time for old men.

6 Likes

9 Likes

I didn’t get one. I wonder if that means they’ll come for me in the first wave or the twelfth.

8 Likes

I got two for some reason: the special alert thingy used for extreme weather and Amber Alerts (which I had turned off because of obnoxious repeated flood warnings for areas I don’t live in or drive through) and one that looked like a regular SMS message.

2 Likes

A timely reminder to make sure you and anyone you know have double-checked that they are actually able to vote in upcoming elections, whichever state they may be in.

11 Likes