Our Felonious Ex-President

I had no clue that this was a remake:

Sounds like the original was just as bad…

4 Likes

It has its fans. But the imaginary sequels are terrible.

2 Likes

In general most sequels tend to be, but especially if the original source material isn’t very strong.

1 Like

Don’t get excited…

3 Likes

It is Dudley Moore and Peter Cook and you should watch it.

6 Likes

It had its moments.

“YOU FILL ME WITH INERTIA.”

:heartpulse:

4 Likes

I wanted to post, but couldn’t find, a clip of Peter Cook (The Devil) kicking Dudley Moore in the arse, and explaining himself by saying that he saw the (omnipresent) Lord resting there in Dudley’s trousers, and wanted to give him a start.

4 Likes

Even Trump has trumpgrets, apparently

6 Likes

For some reason I thought he was one of these guys, also in the Muppet universe:

2 Likes

I vaguely remember them. In any case, our so-called POTUS should’ve watched “Sesame Street”…oh wait…folks like that can’t learn new things very easily.

2 Likes

THAT’S the reason why?

The guy really doesn’t understand that you can’t dig your way out of a hole.

5 Likes

“The size of the loans — totaling about $300 million — is somewhat unusual by Wall Street standards, according to former and current Deutsche Bank executives and wealth managers at other Wall Street firms.”

3 Likes

That’s a good read.

1 Like

So basically, Trump is saying:

“Reviving the War on Drugs and increasing the prison population are both great ideas. Go with those. But I hired you to not investigate me!!”

6 Likes

Don’t forget civil asset forfeiture, where you don’t even need to be convicted of a crime for the cops to steal your stuff.

I have no love for trump, but if only one person goes down in all this, I very badly want it to be sessions.

8 Likes

I hadn’t considered this. From the nasty troll qualities of their interactions online I believed (and still believe) the support is due to malice, ignorance, xenophobia, spite, and a relentless insistence on justifying aggression and violence toward others as an intrinsic constitutional right of preserving their “freedoms and liberties.”

It’s taking an achingly long time for me to move past this when I have only the online interactions to go by.

8 Likes

I thought so, too.

I wonder how representative the online trolls are of his total voter base. I’d guess they are a loud vocal minority that is more extremist than his average voter… Many folks haven’t found the on ramp to the information highway.

5 Likes

They are almost all nasty and motivated by hate and fear of the other, even if they are not literally internet trolls. Even if they are pining for an idyllic past that never existed, what would that past be? It would be one free of The Other. Even if bigotry isn’t their primary motivating factor, they are okay with bigotry existing, otherwise they wouldn’t have voted for Trump.

8 Likes