Our Felonious Ex-President

2 Likes

I don’t think he can compte with the classics…

/not sure what tag would apply

3 Likes

He’s a witness, which could be even more…weird?

3 Likes

Dillingham’s departure clears the entire slate of Trump appointees at the federal government’s largest statistical agency as its civil servants continue to toil over 2020 census records and prepare for the release of the first results from last year’s national head count, which has been delayed until March 6 at the earliest.

4 Likes

I lived in Wilmington. It is one of the most segregated places I ever lived.

When I lived there we heard whispers and rumors of 1898. They said that the river ran red with blood. But, there was not a lot of real information about it. We knew that at one point Wilmington had been extremely progressive racially and had prominent city officials who were black and that now all the black people lived in the ghetto part of town.

7 Likes

Episodes four and five:

2 Likes
7 Likes

Relive the good times with a sparkling Trump Wine. :clinking_glasses:

4 Likes

Fixed that for ya. :wink:

8 Likes

The report drew intense criticism from historians, some of whom noted that the commission, while stocked with conservative educators, did not include a single professional historian of the United States.

Well of course they didn’t. Professional Historians are “biased.” /s

7 Likes
5 Likes

Oh, good they caught her.

4 Likes

And they wonder why other folks look askance at them…

4 Likes

I thought it was only Trump Whine if it’s fermented in his actual rectum, otherwise, it’s just a sparkling fascist whine?

6 Likes

“Patriots”

Although, that info came from an ex, so should be taken with several grains of salt.

3 Likes

I have a former acquaintance who has a BA in history, and fancies himself a historian. He does all sorts of research, reads loads of books, and cherry-picks facts to support his ultra-conservative views. For example, he once wrote in an email he sends to a number of people that communists in the US were the only ones who kept us out of WWII for so long, completely ignoring the conservatives who did the same.

5 Likes

Isolationists. And even THEN some of them changed their minds and threw their support behind FDR.

3 Likes

As instructed, I puffed up the MyPillows for 15 minutes in the dryer. They came out fluffier but still stiff, looking sort of like poster boards covered in the MyPillow logo. I replaced my normal pillows with them anyway and didn’t tell my boyfriend until he asked, while closing his eyes, why it felt like he was sleeping “on a bed of rocks.”

Look, this would be a better story if the pillows were good. That would be complicated, and maybe confronting such an inconvenient truth would yield some kind of worthwhile insight about the nature of man and how we can tolerate evil in exchange for comfort. I don’t know if it comes through, but that’s sort of what I’m going for here, generally, in my work as Washington correspondent for New York Magazine.

7 Likes

That “pillow guy” has offended me for years. Ever since he started flashing his cross necklace in his ads.

Before that I largely ignored him.

I wonder what are the political leanings of the FlexSeal guy? :thinking:

4 Likes

How the fuck does one get famous for pillows, an invention that has been around for thousands of years, in like 2000? Any pillow you own is yours! I have yet to look into this BS because WTF.

8 Likes