Our Felonious Ex-President

4 Likes

Rudy Giuliani is apparently taking requests on Cameo and doing absolutely no research to see if the requestor is anti-Trump or anti-Giuliani.

3 Likes

It looks like True Americans can’t rely on the pope’s calendar! /s

1 Like

He’s doing it for money. Seth Meyers said they didn’t have the $750 in the budget for his show to make a request.

Look, I actually took money from 45’s supporters when I had my yard sale pre-pandemic. If it’s legal tender and you’re totally broke, ethics may or may not enter into such transactions.

Of course, I never overcharged them. Taking advantage of the terminally stupid was never that much fun for me.

5 Likes
4 Likes

Best name so far: Billy Joe Jim Bob Budweiser.
https://www.huffpost.com/entry/twitter-trump-reinstatement-lindell_n_611748f0e4b0454ed70df444

2 Likes
1 Like
3 Likes

:face_vomiting:
Turned it off half-way through.
The US is in serious trouble.

2 Likes

Hon, we been in serious trouble for a long time, and it’s a world thing, not just a US thing.

And the only comfort I get from that is, well, we’ve made it this far…

Addendum re the below: See? :smiley:

3 Likes
3 Likes
3 Likes

Welp, there appears to be a few threads in which this could be put; but this is as good as any, I expect.

Concurrently, I’m reading the Cartoon History of the Universe III, which begins with the beginnings of Islam; right now, I’m into the first or second Crusade. Also, it’s being confirmed that money and power make the world go 'round, and altruists hardly ever get power, and when they do, it doesn’t last at all long enough.

3 Likes
1 Like

Apparently some of the nobs are complaining that the withdrawal will doom the world to Chinese domination.

Now my 1st reaction is that if they want war, they could do that, or better, they could skip to the end and go to their beep like a soldier. Bozho’s a Kipling fan, he can probably recite the whole thing at the least appropriate time and place.

And my 2nd is to wonder if this will involve Chinese gunboats on the Thames, imposing unequal treaties on Britain, and whether this will lead to less sadistic drug policies.

And my 3rd is to consider that the British invaded Afghanistan to stop Russian domination, in 1842, and withdrew, and there was no Russian domination.

Joe Biden does the right thing and all the press and powers turn on him. Amazing.

3 Likes

U.S. District Judge Linda Parker issued the orders in response to motions for sanctions filed by lawyers for the city of Detroit and the state of Michigan over the quickly rejected election challenge. Her order affects lawyers Sidney Powell, Lin Wood, Howard Kleinhendler, Greg Rohl, Julia Haller, Scott Hagerstrom, Brandon Johnson, Stefanie Lynn Junttila and Emily Newman. These are the first sanctions issued against Powell and her team of attorneys.

Parker ordered plaintiffs’ counsel in the case to pay attorneys’ fees for lawyers for the city of Detroit and Michigan state officials and to be referred to disciplinary authorities in Michigan as well as the attorneys’ home districts for investigation “and possible suspension or disbarment.” She also ordered the lawyers to take 12 hours of continuing legal education courses on pleading standards and election law.

6 Likes

More news from MI that wouldn’t’ve happened prolly if not for No. 45:

3 Likes
6 Likes

And she’s not even a middle child, is she?

4 Likes

Days earlier, the company had announced it was boycotting a ski resort, Jackson Hole in Wyoming, that hosted a Republican fundraiser featuring Reps Marjorie Taylor Greene, Jim Jordan, and other pro-Trump politicians.

“We join with the local community that is using its voice in protest,” a spokesperson for Patagonia told the Associated Press. “We will continue to use our business to advocate for stronger policies to protect our planet, end hate speech and support voting rights and a strong democracy.”

The announcement left Carlson incensed.

“Is there a corporation in America faker than Patagonia?” the Fox News host seethed. “It’s a marketing company that poses as a mountaineering expedition in order to sell shoddily-made plastic clothing to non-profit executives who rarely go outside.”

6 Likes