Our Felonious Ex-President

At trial, though, DePape went into more detail about how researching Sarkeesian online moved him away from self-described left-leaning views and “deeper and deeper and deeper” into the conspiratorial views of far-right podcasters and YouTubers including James Lindsay, Jimmy Dore, and Glenn Beck. DePape said he would listen to these voices for hours a day while playing muted video games, absorbing wide-ranging conspiracy theories involving figures from actor Tom Hanks to Rep. Adam Schiff (D-Calif.) and California governor Gavin Newsom.

“At that time, I was biased against Trump,” DePape said according to a BBC report, “but there’s, like, truth there. So if there’s truth out there that I don’t know, I want to know it.”

DePape’s defense team argues these online influences were responsible for his bizarre plan to invade the Pelosi home and confront Nancy Pelosi on Russia’s alleged involvement in the 2016 election, all while wearing an inflatable unicorn costume and livestreaming the conversation. DePape said he only attacked Pelosi’s husband when it was clear that plan was falling apart, an argument which could mitigate against the legally important charge that the attack was retaliation “against the official for performance of their duties.”

Ugh.

5 Likes

:thinking:

After his arrest, DePape, 43, allegedly told a San Francisco detective that he wanted to hold Nancy Pelosi hostage. He said that if she told him the truth, he would let her go and if she lied, he was going to “break her kneecaps” to show other members of Congress there were “consequences to actions”

3 Likes

Barely an hour after a gag order prohibiting Donald Trump from commenting about court staff at his civil fraud trial in New York was temporarily lifted, he was at it again – unleashing a blitzkrieg of social media outrage at a clerk who has become the lightning rod for the former president’s rage.

So if this poor clerk is “rubbed out” (as gangsters like Trump prefer to say), will the Don be indicted for accessory to murder?

3 Likes

I hope that fuckwit scumbag has a terminal stroke during his sentencing and blames his legal team on his old Xitter account before foaming at the mouth and shitting his pants noisily.

3 Likes
3 Likes
3 Likes

That pro-Trump agenda is all the more jarring when contrasted against American Compass’ top supporters.

The Hewlett Foundation and the Omidyar Network are heavyweight philanthropic organizations that have long been considered bastions of liberalism. The Omidyar Network—founded by former tech mogul Pierre Omidyar—has poured money into Democratic dark money groups and spends enormous resources promoting pluralism and fighting racism globally. (Omidyar founded eBay in 1995, and provided the original funding for the news site The Intercept.)

The Hewlett Foundation likewise invests in left-leaning causes, promoting women’s rights, environmental reform, and the arts around the world—though Hewlett has also passed some money on to more typically conservative economic groups.

3 Likes
2 Likes
5 Likes

That’s what a real man would do!

4 Likes

But how would he know that?
:wink:

4 Likes
3 Likes

Trump mocked fears about his authoritarianism tendencies at a Fox News town hall on Tuesday, stating he’d be a dictator only on “Day 1” so that he could close the border and start drilling.

“After that, I’m not a dictator, OK?” Trump told host Sean Hannity to applause from the Iowa crowd.

5 Likes

making jerkoff motions now

1 Like

republicans are shit

3 Likes

Habba allegedly met with Bianco in the parking lot at the Bedminster club, and the two sat in Habba’s matte black G-wagon to talk in August 2021. According to the lawsuit, Habba encouraged Bianco not to go public with her accusations and to instead sign a “simple” NDA. Habba allegedly said that she could make sure Bianco was “protected.”

“I didn’t know my rights,” Bianco said in a statement to CNN provided by her lawyer. “I didn’t know Alina wasn’t supposed to discuss a case with me without my lawyer. I didn’t know New Jersey had banned non-disclosure agreements for victims of sexual harassment.”

“All I knew was that the person claiming to be my friend and advisor threw me in the trash as soon as she pressured me into silence,” Bianco said.

Bianco eventually signed the settlement that included the NDA and an undisclosed sum of money, according to the lawsuit. If Bianco violated the NDA, she would be forced to pay a $1,000 a day penalty, the lawsuit said.

Shortly after the settlement was signed, according to the lawsuit, Habba began publicly representing Trump and stopped assisting Bianco.

5 Likes

Also, she keeps doing duck lips… wasn’t that like, out by 2010 or something? Like… LADY, you’re a lawyer, not a fashion model! Just… have a normal face, dude!

5 Likes

Pursed lips also mean exasperation, which is what I assume duckface wimmins are going for.

2 Likes

I think it depends on the duckfaced woman… celebrity women having their picture taken at an event are going for “sexy face”. In this case, I think that’s what she’s going for, since she probably hopes that looking “sexy” will mean Trump will pay her.

4 Likes

:joy:

6 Likes