Our Felonious Ex-President

Just highlighting a sentence that’s amazing to see about a former president and current candidate.

[edit to add:]

Trump – who is known for mounting lengthy appeals of court rulings against him – is also likely to appeal the conviction, which could significantly delay his sentencing, currently set for July 11.

Can Trump appeal his conviction?

Shortly after Trump was convicted, his attorney Todd Blanche asked Merchan for an acquittal of the charges notwithstanding the guilty verdict. The judge rejected the pro forma request.

(source)
:rofl:

8 Likes

I was following the trial, but not closely. I didn’t want to get too drawn into something that is so out of my control.

As the deliberations were continuing this morning I realized how stressed I was getting. If he wasn’t found guilty he might as well be elected president again, because there is no rule of law and nothing matters.

4 Likes

I’ve posted this before, ironically, but now I guess now we really have got him.

7 Likes
5 Likes

10 Likes
5 Likes

“With Trump owning a majority stake of DJT, the most direct way to support him is to buy the shares and help increase the value,” wrote @jzal in the group “$DJT” on Thursday evening.

“Every $1 gain in price is $114 million in Trump’s pocket,” the member also wrote. "Campaign donations are nice but don’t carry this multiplier effect.”

I’ll just stick to the sneakers and bible, thank you.

4 Likes

Someone could make some money putting out counterfeit sneakers, and bibles, too. In fact the latter doesn’t even need to be accurate.

6 Likes

Surprise! Truth Social is another one of his grifts. I can’t believe how much he has made on it, even with today’s losses.

8 Likes
5 Likes

His grift skilz are insane

5 Likes

5 Likes

Orangutans aren’t monkeys, they’re apes - does anyone on late night ever do research any more? (monkeys have tails)

5 Likes

[plays violin made from two bottom quarks]

4 Likes
5 Likes

Well, if the comparison is to politicians then potato potato.

4 Likes

In a statement posted to their website, Salem Media Group, Inc. apologized specifically to Mark Andrews, a voter from Georgia falsely depicted illegally voting in “2,000 Mules.”

According to a court filing in a related case, Salem settled the lawsuit brought by Andrews for an undisclosed “significant” amount. In the statement on its website, Salem wrote, “It was never our intent that the publication of the ‘2000 Mules’ film and book would harm Mr. Andrews. We apologize for the hurt the inclusion of Mr. Andrews’ image in the movie, book, and promotional materials have caused Mr. Andrews and his family.”

Salem said that it “relied on representations made to us by Dinesh D’Souza and True the Vote.”

D’Souza and True the Vote did not immediately respond to NPR’s request for comment.

5 Likes

And that wasn’t enough of a clue for them apparently.

4 Likes
3 Likes

Trump now trying to claim he never said “lock her up”, that it was just his supporters saying that.

Hell, he was still chanting that at rallies while he was campaigning against Biden. If The Daily Show doesn’t whip up a montage I’ll be shocked.

5 Likes