Our ex-so-called president

Make America Great Again! Sung by the all white choir. Featuring, Ivanka Trump (also appearing, Melania)

Wow, just surreal.

9 Likes

Surreal - yes. Horrifying - yes. I can’t help but think of Tomorrow Belongs To Me from Cabaret:

8 Likes

I can’t get the media to play. Not sure if it’s my company blocking the source or if the original is gone now.

1 Like

Sweet FSM, it’d be so friggin’ awesome if US based journalists would be this forthright.

6 Likes

Ages ago I signed on to be a regular customer survey recipient for one of our local papers. Every time they give me a chance, I remind them they are not just competing against the other local rags and web sites, but internationally too. It’s shocking how far behind most news outlets are to their readers’ actual news consumption patterns.

10 Likes

Now I’m wondering why Laibach hasn’t done a cover of that? Too close for parody, I guess?

Does remind me of their Beatles cover, though:

Or more like Wes Anderson and Lemi Refenstahl had a baby and that baby grew up to direct Laibach videos?

I love Laibach, but it’s kind of horrifying how relevant they are right now.

7 Likes

Yer man there is a terrible piece of shit, by the way. I mean, the video is right on but he’s a horrible human being:

"While he may not be globally recognised, he caused controversy in Australia in 2016 when he blamed the South Australian state blackout on wind power and renewable energy, even though scientists disputed the claim.

Uhlmann refused to apologise despite attracting complaints, and likened himself to a heretic being burned at the stake.

In February that year he also published an essay that said the “intellectual virus” of Marxism was destroying the culture of western society."

Yeh, so he’s basically a climate-change-denying, closeted-anti-semite. [“Cultural Neomarxism of the Berlin School = global Zionist conspiracy to undermine everything that is Right And Good”]

Isn’t it weird how trump seems to unite literally everyone against him?

4 Likes

Lol I remember hearing about that on Twitter. Ah well, even a stopped clock is right twice a day etc.

Another conservative who doesn’t want to be associated with Trump?

Just after the election I found myself nodding along with tweets by Arnold Schwarzenegger AND David Frum – that gave me pause. Arnie pulls off the occasional good one even though I don’t agree with him on a lot of political things, but the entire Frum family manage to be shockingly out of touch on a regular basis.

Strange times.

6 Likes

Yeh; one of the most fucked up things about trump’s presidency is that I’ve found myself thinking “you know, maybe John McCain isn’t such a bad guy after all…?”

8 Likes

I remember Barbara. Barely, but I remember.

1 Like

Or looking fondly back at GW Bush and thinking, “He didn’t suck as hard as we thought at the time.”

9 Likes

Shouldn’t this topic link to the gear-grinding topic?

3 Likes

Or looking back at Nixon and thinking “you know, it could have been worse…”

8 Likes

Don’t stop there. I got off at the depot:

Abolutely NSF.

1 Like

I think that pairs nicely with this:

3 Likes

I saw this video about half an hour ago and my palms are still sweating. It disturbs me that much.

4 Likes

So many opportunities to remember Philomena Cunk’s immortal words from 2015:

This will be in a documentary in twenty years’ time with ominous music on it and here is me watching it live.

At least we still hope it will be.

9 Likes

Nope. Nice try, but you’re not going to get me to watch John Ashcroft sing. I’ve made that mistake before.

9 Likes

I prefer the original:

ETA: He should really try to work with these guys: Now that’s an anthem!

5 Likes

It’s okay to be scared. I’m scared too.

2 Likes